Charles E - where did he go?

afrench

in some of the most interesting discussions on here in the past, Charles E was almost always a contributor.

i can't find where he has posted in at least 6 months.

Charles was the victim of those who "know better". I respect his decision to stop posting - didn't argue much. Charles and I are close friends to the death of both.....regardless of what he might think.

I was just thinking the same the other day , I hope his health is good. sorry to hear it went the way it did..

in some of the most interesting discussions on here in the past, Charles E was almost always a contributor.

i can't find where he has posted in at least 6 months.

I too miss reading the input from Charles. Over about 20 years of surfing accuracy forums you learn whos posts deserve some respect. He was one of the first that gained that status with me and I learned an aweful lot from him.

Charles E.

Charles was the victim of those who "know better". I respect his decision to stop posting - didn't argue much. Charles and I are close friends to the death of both.....regardless of what he might think.

What a shame......losing a knowledgeable contributor....we are all diminished...
..rude behavior and secret names should not be allowed......if everyone was required to use their real name....stop name calling... and questioning a persons honesty....
we would have more readers and qualified people to contribute.
bill larson

Amen...........

we are a small group and getting smaller all the time. if we cant get along with each other no one else will want to join up. ive noticed SEVERAL post that people ask a simple question and someone has to be a smart mouth. we are a anal bunch of people anyway in this sport lets try not to be that way to each other....... also i agree with you Mr Larson.... people need to use there real name, but i guess we might be the only ones that think that way. :)

Where did he go? I don't know, probably just got tard.(sp) But you don't get no better than CharlesE. Maybe we need to be more aggressive in defending our better men, rather than letting them get beat up?

I know it has been said before, but the reason why Charles left is the same reason that many of the top guns of the sport do not come on here. I have spoken with a few of them, and they all say the same thing: They offer what works for them and some yahoo who has never shot a competitive match or at least not at the level that these guys shoot spouts off about how wrong the advice is and drives them out. There are so few people in this sport that could be considered their peers and worthy of offering a learned counterpoint - it is often best to just shut up and listen.
I wouldn't want to share my hard earned knowledge either if all I got was negativity and lack of objectivity.
We are our own worst enemy...some of us anyway.

Mike

I know it has been said before, but the reason why Charles left is the same reason that many of the top guns of the sport do not come on here. I have spoken with a few of them, and they all say the same thing: They offer what works for them and some yahoo who has never shot a competitive match or at least not at the level that these guys shoot spouts off about how wrong the advice is and drives them out. There are so few people in this sport that could be considered their peers and worthy of offering a learned counterpoint - it is often best to just shut up and listen.
I wouldn't want to share my hard earned knowledge either if all I got was negativity and lack of objectivity.
We are our own worst enemy...some of us anyway.

Mike

fark_-GbGy6mfeTcf689aC8XRxpZ8-TA.jpg

What a shame......losing a knowledgeable contributor....we are all diminished...
..rude behavior and secret names should not be allowed......if everyone was required to use their real name....stop name calling... and questioning a persons honesty....
we would have more readers and qualified people to contribute.
bill larson

Post of the year. -Al

I loaded next to Charles at the UBR Nationals last year and enjoyed talking with him. He was having some health problems then. I sure hope that he is okay. James Mock

Yep Charles was a good one. There is not a lot of folks out there that have the vast hands on experience with all the different chamberings as Charles did. I miss reading his posts!! Lee

Last edited:
Where did he go? I don't know, probably just got tard.(sp) But you don't get no better than CharlesE. Maybe we need to be more aggressive in defending our better men, rather than letting them get beat up?

Charlie,

I'm in. Pretty close to finishing my curmudgeon training. One more birthday and I'll get my unrestricted curmudgeon license.

Dave Tooley

How do you know it's the real name? Sure, "Imallaboutshooting" is not a real name but what about "Jim Smith"? What makes Jim Smith more real than the other? I guess I'm asking rather than anything else.....

The real me is older than Tooley and Wilbur, but not together. Can I be a curmudgeon? I also think time rids us of the non-shooting troublemakers. They get bored with us. Is that a testimonial of where we're going or what? After this computer was crashed and was worked on, I wasn't able to get back on here with my real name.

Back