Canopy.........

S

scott mims

thinking about getting a canopy to take to matches. what brand do you like. price/size ect...... thanks

how long did yours last or how long have you had yours. it looks like alot are cheaply made.... of course i see some are very expensive and for what i want to use it for (and just a few times a year) i just dont see spending that much but im sure those would last longer

Last edited:
Joe, If they are junk, mine has made it for over ten years and no holes, no problems. I would rather spend my time shooting or building gun to do it with….. jim

Canopy's

I'ved used the cheap ones before. 10X10 is plenty big enough for a Benchrest Match. They will keep you dry on a rainy day,except for a blowing rain. Figure out a way to anchor it down. Use some weights on the legs.

I forgot to do the anchors and my Canopy became an uncontrollable kite on a windy day. Embarrassing situation having to chase down your canopy. it's a good thing Benchrest shooters are a nice understanding bunch.:)

Glenn

I have both

thinking about getting a canopy to take to matches. what brand do you like. price/size ect...... thanks

how long did yours last or how long have you had yours. it looks like alot are cheaply made.... of course i see some are very expensive and for what i want to use it for (and just a few times a year) i just dont see spending that much but im sure those would last longer

a 10x10 Eze-Up brand w/ sidewalls and 2 of the 10x20 portable garages. If I am going to be by myself, I would use the Eze-Up, as long as I do not have my trailer. But the 10x20 "garages" are hard to beat if I know others are going to need cover as well. They can be set up by 2 people in under 10 minutes and are damn near bullet proof. And either one is approx. $200. I have had the 10x20's for over 10 years, the Eze-Up for 2.

David

EZ Up are the way to go. They are a quality item. You can get them with the side curtains and that will keep any rain off of you.

The cheaper units will leak in the rain. Ask me how I know that!

I also have one of the units that use conduit and a tarp. Those are hard to carry, and take two people to assemble. They also weigh a ton. Lots of metal there.

If you were going to a match that was three or four days and had a bunch of people to put under cover, the conduit and tarp unit is the berries.

For a weekend match with one or two shooters, the EZ Up is the only way to go. Folds up into it's own little compact storage unit and goes up and comes down in a flash. No comparison between the two units. Different items for different usages.

Bob

Get yourself an EZ up they are fine 99% of the time, in a real good blow I have seen them fold up , but that is very rare. They are what virtually everybody uses except us 30BR shooters who don't clean or load at the range any more. My EZ up has been in my garage for years.
Dick

Buy the EZ UP brand. I had mine up all deer season with severe winds and lots of snow. You do need a way to anchor them. They set up in a couple of minutes and tear back down as quick. I bought the one that was heavy duty because we use it to hunt with and take to the shoots. Matt

Don't waste any money on those cheaper covers as it's just that - a waste. At a minimum, you need a $200+ EZ UP with walls (extra). Of course, spend what you can afford but I'm tellin' that you won't like anything else.

Dry it off and keep the legs clean and dry.

The fellow that said buy the other kind had a good point but I like the EZ UP for it's "quickness" and durability...the higher priced EZ UPs.

Check at Costco, they are selling a 10'x10' canopy that looks like it will work well.
It is a bit taller in the center, comes in a nice travel case with wheels.

Back