Cabin Fever

I

inspireart

4 degrees outside. I can hardly stand to walk between the house and my truck. Want to do some ammo testing for my Suhl. That is so far away ...... Need to fix a crack in a stock, too little humidity in the house for Gorilla Glue..... Wife is grumpy....... Cat is full of static electricity. Petting the cat is a shocking experience..... Trying to pet the wife is worse....

I feel your pain. I hope you're enjoying the warm weather where you are. It's 15 below here. Our wives must be members of the same club, cause the activity you mentioned with yours is exactly the same with mine.

I know the feeling. Its 10 degrees outside and I got a new Kimber thats needs to be shot, sadly it wont see it till spring. For the next few months I will be inside and wishing I was outside.

Catching Up on Stuff this Weekend

Yep, the Saturday and Sunday matches were cancelled due to cold and she who must be obeyed is not around to give input.

Cut an old recoil pad apart, filed off the rubber and glue from the spacer, and installed it on a restored 40X 308 match rifle to get a hair more scope relief. It would have been 1/4 the work to use a new piece but....

Cut new shelves for one of the gun safes, dowelled and glued them together, added a new front rack. No more moving and banging rifles getting them in and out.

Finished cleaning up around the bedding on the 6.5x284 and started final sanding. Should have the under base coat of oil on tonight and 1st coat of shellac in the morning.

Have an old Remington 22 RF to start restoring for a friend's son. Should have the old varnish off today.

Planning 2x20 scope and 2x20 iron matches with the NOPTEL tonight. The wind flags in the living room aren't much help. :confused:

Mark

I feel for you guys. Cold today (54 degrees), yesterday it was 80 degrees here. No range this morning to cold and windy......

Cold.........

usmc69
Sir,you should not tease the animals! Here it got up to a balmy 20 deg. today after last nites low of about -9 below. It warmed up so much i went out to the un-heated garage and fired up the lead pot and cast about 25 .45 cal. bullets out of 1/16 tin/lead to be paper patched and used in my Shilo [if it EVER warms up] someday. :( Oh well, reckon Spring is just around the corner,somewhere.......
Colt.45

I too live in the state of Misery (Missouri)

Gotten spoiled by the unseasonably warm weather lately.

Used to live in California--I will take the freedom and cold here.

Very few places left to shoot in Southern California!

Used to be able to shoot outside my house growing up in San Diego.

unseasonably

warm weather lately??? What part of Missouri you live in inspireart? Or are you talking about the "last few years"? This year has been more like the Winters when i was a kid,cold,icy,snowy and seems like 6 months long! Since the last week of Nov. we have had ice or snow at least once a week sometimes several times. Has not been above freezing for at least 2 weeks now. We did have 2 really warm days about 3 weeks ago. I'm in N.W. part of state,about 40 miles East of St.Joseph. Stay warm.........Colt.45

Back