Burris Signature Ring Offset inserts?

I

inspireart

The cold weather is getting my brain. When using the the inserts do you use the Numbered half with a regular zero half? Example for a 20 MOA correction a -10 in the lower ring half up front matched with a '0" on top. A +10 in the rear ring with a "0" on top.

Thanks

No, you use a +10 with a -10. It has to balance out to 0 or else it won't fit.

Alright for my 20 MOA

I will put a zero with a zero upfront and a +20 on the lower ring and a -20 on top in back.

Everybody agree?

Signature off-set rings

Inspireart: I've been using the Burris Sig. Zee Rings w/ the off-set inserts for a few years now, keeping my erector tube & adjustment "click" range very close to center. The off-set rings must be used in matching pairs. Ex; + .020" and -.020" in the front ring, or +.010" and -.010" in the rear ring. A very clear instruction sheet comes w/ the 3 ring set: " always use inserts in sets (one "+", one "-") of the same value". Although I recently opened a single set of +.020" and -.020" inserts and there was no instruction sheet. If still in doubt, call Burris, (970)356-1670 customer service. They have always been very helpful w/ questions/problems.

No instructions

Bought the 3 size kit. No instructions.

I use the inserts to do whatever my little heart desires, and mix and match as I please. Would somebody please 'splain to me why they can only be used in "matched" sets? Huh? :D

Constants

Scope Tube & Scope rings are a constant size. By using the insert in mismatched sets, you stand a chance of crushing the scope tube, or not having enough grip to hold the scope fixed in the rings. Always use the same size PLUS, with a MINUS ( +20 & -20 ) or ( -10 & +10 ). Of course if you wish to use mismatched sets, it your scope, and chances are you will do damage that won't be covered under your warranty.

OK, I misunderstood the original question, my bad. Yeah, I never mix the two HALVES of a single set of inserts which fit into the same ring. But, I do use different offsets in the front and rear rings, whatever suits my fancy, sometimes, even sideways. Guess I need to read more carefully! :D

Permissable

That's okay, and if you read the instructions that come with the inserts, it tells they can be used just as you do.

Back