Bullet tipping. Is there another way???

R

Roy Allain

Is there another way (cheaper) than the Whidden or the other one (forget name)?

Or can an existing seater die (Forster, Redding) be adapted to use the collar without the micrometer top? Or something?:confused:

I just can't justify the bucks for something else that may not work.

I have a new 28" 6.5x47 Lapua chambered Kreiger barrel intended for 500+ yard shooting.

Thanks

Roy

I'm sorry, but I forgot to add this. .... I talked to a friend who shoots at a 600 yard range about an hours drive from my home. He said all the shooters there don't trim or point. I haven't shot there yet and don't know anyone there except my friend and he just moved to Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator:
There must be someone at your club that will lend you there's for a day or two. Or that will point them for you! Real cheep way.

Joe Salt

there must be someone at your club that will lend you there's for a day or two. Or that will point them for you! Real cheep way. Joe salt

MY CLUB.:D SURELY YOU JEST. Many members idea of sighting in a rifle is to bring pie plates; set them up at 25 yards and shoot 5/10 boxes of cartridges and wonder why they can't hit the target. Pitiful. There are only 3 benchrest shooters in the club that I'm aware of, including myself and I'm the only one even thinking of pointing bullets.

"pie plates at 25 yards"

What are they shooting, spitballs thru a Bic pen?

al

All hunters, no matter what caliber or firearm they use, if you sight in at 25, you are dead on at 100. Same thing at the beer drinking club I load test at!

An old guy in my hunting clud used to say to me, son if a deer ever walks in front of you with a pie plate hanging on him he's dead. Now i'm the old guy.

It's one thing to be an ignorant 'hunter'..
And completely different to be a lazy and cheap 'benchrest shooter'..
So yeah, laugh it up!

Back