Bullet making trays

Joe Duke

Does anyone have a good set of photos of their bullet making trays that they would show? All the detail you could provide would be appreciated.

Joe

My George Ulrich trays for .30's:

bt1.jpg

bt2.jpg

bt3.jpg

bt4.jpg

bt5.jpg

bt6.jpg

bt7.jpg

bt8.jpg

Nice pics Al, do you get say "most" of the jacket going the "right way" up when working jackets into the jacket trays..?
My trays, I get about 10-20 percent that like to go the wrong way ;) get out the tweezers:rolleyes:..... My trays hold 150 at a time.

cale

Cale, there's usually 7-10 upside downers. The harder I shake the tray, the fewer the number of them. Next time, I'm going to set the tray in a plastic box and shake the beejeezus out of it. These hold 200.

Good shootin'. -Al

So, if I understand:

1. You set the jackets in tray B and shake them to get them all in a hole and turned upright; using tweezers on the stubborn ones.
2. Let them fall into tray A.
3. Set the cores all in tray B?
4. Let them fall into the jackets that are in tray A
5. Make bullets. :>)

Joe

Hello,
are the trays jacket specific or suitable for different lengths?

I don't remember the nuances of these things but I went from .750 to longer, what is it...825, and didn't notice any difference in operation.

Below are links to Walter Carraway's article on making a set of bullet making blocks that was printed in the NBRSA News in October 1994. Walter used plexiglass to make them, acetyl sheet would probably work better as it would be easier to drill and work. I made a set of them with a manual mill without digital readout about that time using his article's instructions. Walter was getting $250 at that time. He earned every penny if he was using a manual mill. With a CNC mill, it would be simple.

Walter Carraway article pg. 1
Walter Carraway article pg. 2

Thanks for the feedback, very interesting article.
I’ll try to make some for .30 jackets.

Don't know for sure, but have a hunch that a 100W CO2 laser engraver could make short work of bullet trays and loading blocks. I was gonna buy one years ago but faltered at the cost.

What size holes would be needed for 22lr jackets and the cores to make .226 bullets?
Thanks
Roger

Roger, I've used the ones that I made from Walter's article for both 6mm and .22 bullets. So, same size should work for .226 bullets.

Could I please bump this? I am actually looking to purchase some but this thread is about the closest that I can find.

Laser Work

Don't know for sure, but have a hunch that a 100W CO2 laser engraver could make short work of bullet trays and loading blocks. I was gonna buy one years ago but faltered at the cost.

My wife does laser work if anyone is interested.
Deer Park Laser
713-569-1110

Could I please bump this? I am actually looking to purchase some but this thread is about the closest that I can find.

Back when I was looking for these, I think I figured out that no one was making them for sale due to the labor involved. Most who have made them only made one or two sets for themselves and maybe a close friend. A CNC mill should help a bunch if one wanted to make them.
Joe

Back when I was looking for these, I think I figured out that no one was making them for sale due to the labor involved. Most who have made them only made one or two sets for themselves and maybe a close friend. A CNC mill should help a bunch if one wanted to make them.
Joe

not sure where your getting your info. but I've been making for a number of years.george

Back