Bud Pryor match

steve stanley

My buddy Wayne France won the Bud Pryor match this past weekend and set a new 100-200-300 grand agg record in the process. He shot an outstanding 750-42x score, the old record was 750-39x. Congrats on some great shooting!

Great to see Wayne shoot that agg. I was a referee and was proud to sign his targets. BTW, the 3rd 300-yard target was fired through a downpour. Couldn't really see where the bullets were hitting. Makes his score all the more impressive. Here are the grand agg results.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

I'm

Some impressive scores there. A couple things that stick out is that there were 4 750 scores in less than favorable conditions and that John Cascarino shot a 250-8X at 300 yards. Old John was, excuse the pun, singing and flinging lead in the rain.

for one, proud of John....he went 3 complete aggs without cross firing!! Congrats to all and especially you John!!!

The Bud

First congratulations to Wayne France nice shooting and a job well done by all the shooters. I would also like to thank Dean and his crew for putting on a well ran match in conditions less than fun for a target crew, and a special thanks to Brad for your help with my AC.. The best thing I can say is we all had fun with no drama again hats off to all the shooters especially to the 750 group...
Mike aka Crow KLR

It realyy sucks

There were 3 Eddie. Bunk, Brian Fitch and Don Cameron. The results have been posted in the IBS website.

that there were only 3. The Bud (and to an extent, the IBS) has done everything they can to destroy the 6X classes. Just my humble opinion. Dick must be cheering

David J. Halblom Sr

Custom Actions

Vince Pastorella, Kenny Livengood and I, along with several other longtime Hunter class shooters, discussed this at the "Bud" one year when the "agenda item" to stop requiring safeties and allowing custom actions to be used was being kicked around. We all felt that it was not a good move but, as usual, many members of the IBS, who never shot Hunter class, had an equal say in the voting and the agenda item became a rule. Like I said, "If it isn't broke, fix it until it is".

Hunter Class

As far as I know custom actions were always allowed in Hunter and Varmint Hunter class. They just had to be produced in sufficient numbers, by the action maker, to be considered "production" actions. I sure as hell can't recall what the number was. I seem to remember that the Kodiak was one of the only customs to meet that requirement. Our East coast "hotshots" of the day shot mostly Remington 700/722 actions with several even using 788 actions. Frank McKee and Dwight Furrow would "wear your ass out" with those 788 rifles. Good times and some damned good shooting in those days. Gone forever!

Back