bore scope

G

garrisone

Are bore scopes as good as they are cracked up to be and are they necessary? WOULD ANY OF YOU SUGGEST TO BUY ONE? LAST -WHY ARE THEY SO EXSPENSIVE? THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR DISCUSSION ON THIS SUBJECT. GARRISONE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmmmmm

They show you loads! But sometimes not really sure what you are seeing or how to interpret it.Also sometimes i think they scare you to see what the supposed great bores really look like! Although one of the nicest bores i looked at was a $90.00 Green Mountain! I think the cost is because we will pay it! Like most everything...........if someone will pay the price......"Double it"!
Colt.45

The biggest thing mine showed me was I was cleaning way to much. It didn't take near as many strokes with a brush to remove the lead as I assumed. Also I learned a barrel needs fewer strokes after it has a couple thousand rounds through it. It was also handy to compare cleaning regimes. But they are a lot of money. Maybe share one with a friend. After you see whats going on you don't really need it as much. Rich

the biggest thing mine showed me was i was cleaning way to much. It didn't take near as many strokes with a brush to remove the lead as i assumed. Also i learned a barrel needs fewer strokes after it has a couple thousand rounds through it. It was also handy to compare cleaning regimes. But they are a lot of money. Maybe share one with a friend. After you see whats going on you don't really need it as much. Rich

thanks to all who answered my post. I have only two friends I would share my bore scope with. I hope to learn how to perserve a good barrel with out to much cleaning at this point I am thinking the cost is worth getting one. Thanks again.garrisone.

Back