Bolt Contacting Stock

mrh1958

I am setting up a CZ 452 .22 for a co-worker,noticed when you close the bolt it contacts the bottom of the cutout in the stock for the bolt,its not touching real hard but is making contact,will this affect the way the gun shoots? lock up is nice and snug to.

One of the best out of box shooter, mine in 22WM
There should be space between receiver and stock cutouts. Bolt handle does bottom out on receiver.

Yes, it can affect both accuracy and function. Remove enough wood to have the bolt root bear on the receiver, not the stock. bob

I will look into that...it just barely touches but none the less it does...anyone else got any thoughts on this?

What would you like to hear?

Bob has been doing this for a long time .
I would listen to what he says and remove the timber
As was also said the action will stop the bolt
kind regards Ben
Sorry mate I never realised this came across so blunt,
never meant to offend

Last edited:
Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. You'll never know until it doesn't.

Knock off a little bit until the bolt doesn't touch the stock when closed - like Bob said.

For what it's worth, probably.......just probably, that handle, among other things, has some effect on the vibrations, whatever they may be, in the action. That, and it probably doesn't close down exactly the same way over time. Remove it.......better consistancy..........probably.

Just A Thought

Surprised no one has mentioned:
My Guess is that the 452 did not come from the factory with the bolt touching the stock??
Your real problem could be "Why is it Touching Now' :confused:

Back