Bob DeMonstoy

Very sorry to hear of this news; he was a fine man. He build my flame oak shooting box which I would never give up. Many years ago, he suffered a very serious accident which did a lot of damage to his leg. He suffered through a long recovery and was handicapped since. I never heard him complain a bit.

Bob was a great guy, and primary reason for BR rifle shoots at the Painted Post club in New York.
Visiting with him once to look over his bullet making set up he told me the "leg story". Seems he was driving a logging truck when the brakes gave out and he had to jump out of the truck. After everything stopped rolling he was looking at the sole of his boot.
He will be missed.

Back in 1992 Bob came out west and shot with us in Tacoma, Wa. at the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club. It was an Unlimited class match, and Bob went home knowing his name would go on the famous Sniper King trophy. He fired a .405 200 yard 10 shot group for the win. That trophy is awarded for the smallest 10 shot grpup fired at 200 yards over the entire season. The match Bob fired in was the last 10 match of the year.

FWIW
Steve Kostabich

Bob was a great guy, and primary reason for BR rifle shoots at the Painted Post club in New York.
Visiting with him once to look over his bullet making set up he told me the "leg story". Seems he was driving a logging truck when the brakes gave out and he had to jump out of the truck. After everything stopped rolling he was looking at the sole of his boot.
He will be missed.

To finish the story from what Bob told me he was lying there and he seen a women coming down to see what happen he looked at his leg and seen the direction that it was laying and he did not what her to see it so he kick his busted up leg over so the woman would not see it laying there bent in the wrong direction and then he asked her for a cigarette.

Bob showed me his bullet making rengimne as I sent the day with him at his home. It was quite simple and I have to believe that he truly had a great set of dies.

RIP Bob as you were one of the BEST and I am sure that you will be missed by many.

First time I ever met Bob was at a Nationals at Painted Post. He gave me a hand made lapel pin to wear. I still have it.

RIP,Mr Bob.

Back