Beware of custom bullet dies

slw

Just wanted to post about a set of custom carbide bullet dies that I purchase from someone claiming to be a die maker. After having severe problems with the dies I contacted Mr. George Ulrich. The bullet swage die insides were made of 3 parts instead of 1 part, and of cheap components. The pointing die carbide insert has moved since purchase. Mr. Ulrich was so kind to help fix these dies even thou they were not his. I learned a very valuable lesson buying dies from an unknown die maker based on his ability to talk a good sale, just beware if you are looking to buy dies! See pic. of swage die for proof.
dies.jpg

SAM_0079.JPG Just for the record David Detsch and is one of two actual die makers who is also located in Pa. did not make these dies.....enough said

Anybody know who made these? PM me if you would.
Joe Hynes

Joe, I can't be more plain there is one actual bullet diemaker in Pa. and another who wants to think he is even though by purchasing finished parts and assembling is quite a stretch from actually making the parts yourself. if I were you I'd be worried.

Back