Best replacement bolt for Rem 700?

rooshooter

Following on from a previous post about a badly pitted bolt face. I see that there are a few different aftermarket bolts available for Rem 700s now. The Tubb/superior shooting systems bolt looks like it has good features, but is pretty expensive, while the PTG (Pacific Tool and Gauge) bolt looks good as well, but much cheaper. Does anyone here have any preferences for replacement Rem 700 bolts in 223 bolt face?

Following on from a previous post about a badly pitted bolt face. I see that there are a few different aftermarket bolts available for Rem 700s now. The Tubb/superior shooting systems bolt looks like it has good features, but is pretty expensive, while the PTG (Pacific Tool and Gauge) bolt looks good as well, but much cheaper. Does anyone here have any preferences for replacement Rem 700 bolts in 223 bolt face?

I would not be surprised if the bolts offered by Tubb are manufactured by PTG, but have everything you need including the bolt handle attached. I have purchased a bolt from PTG with them you need to buy the remainder of the part to complete the bolt. You will need to purchase the extractor, firing pin assembly ejector and pin, you will need the bolt handle installed and coat the assembly if you want. In all the Tubb may be a better buy with fewer headaches.

Good luck, Paul

Back