Berger VLD bullets for hunting?

L

lilabner

Has anyone used these bullets on game? They are advertised as match bullets and I've seen no claims that they are suitable for hunting.

There are huge claims to Berger VLDs being hunting bullets. They have even started packaging them in orange boxes to emphisize their potential for hunting. I can only speak to the 30 caliber 175gr VLDs and they are deer killing machines. Lots of long range videos out about Berger VLDs.

140 gr Berger VLDs out of my 6.5-284 at about 2950 sure do a number on deer!

a few years ago a couple deer met my 7wsm shooting a 180 berger.one was at 475yrds one at 156.both never took a step,was devistating.:D

After the hits what did the bullets look like?

How did they expand?

Bergers are surprising

Have a 300 RUM setup for shooting out to 1000yds. My buddy has a 7 RUM setup very much the same. We were shooting on the weekend at coyote silhouettes cut from 3/8 inch steel. They were set out to 500 yds. His 7 RUM with 168Gr. VLDs punched clean through at all distances. While we didn't measure, his holes were almost double diameter and looked pretty much the same at all distances. It was amazing.

I was shooting 180Gr. Swift Scirrocos and they only punched through at 400 and 500. At 200 had a few bullet jackets stick in the silhouette but the lead went through (didn't think that was supposed to happen with them...).

octopus one shot was a spine shot at 475.that bullet came apart I only found small parts of the bullet.the one at 156 was a behind the should through the ribs and out.the bullet left good size exit hole.and yes the spine shot was planed that way.do to failing light and a small rise in the terain it was that shot or no shot.I am a growing boy and I was hungry for vension BQ:D:D:eek:

Back