Benchrest rimfire periodical

K

kkayser

Does a periodical dedicated to rimfire benchrest exist. Precision Rifleman is such a periodical for center fire bench rest.

I'm not aware of a printed periodical for rimfire br, but I do have to give the rifire br community a lot of credit for being proactive in this regard, of late. They have nice websites for the various shooting organizations, most of which are well maintained and up to date. They also have a couple of facebook pages allowing for live feed videos at matches. Kudos to those responsible for staying with the times and aggressively doing things to move the sport forward and making it accessible to many. I know that some people cringe at the word "facebook", but it's not some evil place that will send you into the depths of hell. It's really much like the various shooting forums, in that it's a place for people to share and converse about vitually anything. There are BR groups and dedicated shooting sights within facebook. The beauty is that it allows for easy live video sharing, in this instance.

There was decent coverage in magazines like Precision Shooting and The Accurate Rifle, and IR 50/50 had a newsletter with occaisional stuff in it but all have gone the way of the buggy whip.

Back