Bench Mark 3 groove barrel is a winner for sure. My experience with it.

bhp9

In response to your inquiry I was lucky enough to borrow a friends Anshutz 54 action rifle (1967) with a Benchmark 3 groove barrel with a tuner and weights and a Leupold 40x scope. Range was 50 feet indoors. The trigger pull was not set to its lightest pull, I am guessing it was going off at about 11 ounces which for me is way too heavy as not being the worlds best shooter I do much better when I can get the pull down to 3 oz. or less preferably 2 oz. Never the less I shot the best score of my entire life. I was amazed. I would gladly buy this gun but my friend will not sell it for love nor money but the good news is I can shoot it again which I probably will. I felt like throwing my guns across the room and seeing them bounce off the wall

The target we use is a very weird home made target, the most difficult target I have ever had the misfortune to be forced to use. It consists of an outer circle which is black and an inter line and circle that is white. You can only get 4 different points. Hit dead center and you get an X or slightly off center and get a 10 or way off center in the white and get a 5 or break the line into the black and get a 1. We hatefully call this target our "all or nothing target". Each target has 20 bulls on it and we shoot two targets for a total of 400 points with a total of 40 x's. No one in the history of the club has ever shot a perfect score. This target is so tough that if you get 250 points out of 400 you are in the upper class of scores. The best I ever did (I am new to this sport so don't throw too many big rocks at me) was 223 points with my stock 1964 m54 Anshutz. I know its not a bench rifle but that's all I have for the present. When I shot my friends gun which I nick named "The Super Rifle" I shot a 263. My friend who is a very good shot has shot 330 points which is way more than most any one else in the club is capable of shooting. He has many bench guns with most of the current custom made actions so when I saw how well his Anshutz shot in comparison to his Hall or Turbo I was impressed with the Anshutz action to say the least. I had been thinking of getting my Anshutz rebarrled with a Shilen ratchet barrel but after seeing this Benchmark 3 groove barrel shoot so well I think this is the barrel that I may end up getting in the future.

Might just want to see if you can get some trigger time at 50 yards with that annie and 3 grv. There is a world of difference between the two distances.

my experiece

Might just want to see if you can get some trigger time at 50 yards with that annie and 3 grv. There is a world of difference between the two distances.

I know this is really going to sound strange but in the summer time we do shoot at 50 yards outdoors and I always score way higher. We do use an official .22 bench rest target like you do. I find my scores are much higher at 50 yards. Now you would think that shooting indoors at 50 feet would be a piece of cake compared to shooting outside in the wind and sun with the mirage but I think the different target we use indoors makes the scores so much lower.

Indoors/outdoors, 50feet/50yards, rimfire target/homemade target, apples/oranges. Take blades advice and shoot the Annie outside. It may or may not be as accurate as it appears. That said, Annie 54's are very good actions.

Ken Henderson

3gr ben.

super barrel! I put one on a rem 40 x and did alot of win.:)

The way thing shoots makes a mockery of the levels we go to to have the chamber perfectly centered.

------------------
I think I'll have to treat myself to a new Flower Pattern Lace Pantyhose soon.

Ok........

A little early in your shooting career for the broad sweeping assumptions don't you think?

Id be willing to bet, A 3 groove benchmark with an off center bored chamber will shoot just as crappy as any other poorly smithed barrel. ( pantyhose or not ) :) Ed.

Back