Beeman R1 shooting low

AZ_Win52

I have a Beeman R1 .20 with a Beeman 4x-12x scope. The scope is mounted with Beeman rings. I bought this setup nearly 20 years ago when Bob Beeman was still selling them. :)

A few years ago I took the gun to the range (It had not been used in 8 years) and found that it was shooting 6" to 12" low at 30 yds. Velocaity seems to be good.

Any ideas on what could be going on? Barrel droop? Also...who makes a good mount system that will allow correction for this.

I would really like to start shooting this again.

Did it used to shoot to POA or is this a problem that you didn't notice before? Just mounted a scope? If it is droop, the best solution is to call Tim at Mac 1 airguns in LA and have him machine the correct amount out of the saddle of a set of rings for you. He will ask a few questions as to how much you are off at what range and will fix you right up.

Or, put a better scope on it.

I put a Simmons Pro Air on my sons RWS 34, holds zero.

RWS also makes a base that is adjustable.

Simmons Pro Air scope.

Bushmell Trophy 4-12, Trophy 6-18, Legend 5-15, and the 3200 and 4200 series scopes.

Then Leupold, and Burris would be my next choices in airgun scopes that will not need a loan taken out on the house.

Back