bat actions

whitch action do you use in lv and hv on your rifles and what are your thoughts on it?
do you feel that these are better then other custom actions and why do you feel this is so?
is using a bat a trend today and they will be replaced by a different make in the future?
gary b

bat

Bat actions arent going anywhere anytime soon i wouldn't think. last time i checked they still had a one year backlog. with the exception of the new neuvo bat action, bat doesn't really have anything on the competition other than a great selection. I dont like aluminum actions, but the panda does its fair share of winning. Jim Borden makes as nice of an action as anyone. Bats sure are smooth, and i like all the ones i own. Even if they do need a little tweaking before they are comp ready. Lee

I use the same action for light and heavy ( Bat ds ) your going to get many opinions on diff actions. If your thinking about getting a new action and just want a heads up before you make your choice this is a good forum to get good advice. I have a few friends that i got started in benchrest they also wanted to know what action was right for them , most of them thought they where going to buy bat actions. So i took them to the range and let them shoot a few of my actions ( Bat ) ( stolle ) ( nesika ) and a viper. The end results were after they tried each action some of them changed their minds and ended up buying a diff action than they thought they were going to buy , some liked the Bat action and some liked the viper some liked the nesika and stolle . One of them liked the viper with the drop port so much i ended up having to sell him mine, he couldn't find one anywhere else. Nothing feels nice like a custom action, you just have to go out and shoot one or two to see what you like

Last edited:
Back