Ball C Lot 1 powder

D

Dew

I've located some of the original Ball C Lot #1 powder that seems to be in very good condition. I know that years ago it was a popular powder in BR.
Is there any advantage to using it now? If it is a good powder what is it worth by the pound? Rough idea of course. As to cleaning the barrel after using it is there anything special I should know?

Thanks for your help on this...

Dew

I've located some of the original Ball C Lot #1 powder that seems to be in very good condition. I know that years ago it was a popular powder in BR.
Is there any advantage to using it now? If it is a good powder what is it worth by the pound? Rough idea of course. As to cleaning the barrel after using it is there anything special I should know?

Dew
Dew,it was great in the .222 don't know about a ppc or other cases.
It was like ball-c2 and most ball powders,need to clean often and it shoots best at max loads.

Dew
It is the perfect powder for the .22Waldog or 22PPC short.It is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it;).Last time a local chap offered me some ,he wanted $26.00 lb.but I have no need to add to what I still have.
Wally

First of all, make sure that it is BLC-1. It is green in color and finer than any powder you have ever used. It is great in a 100 short 22 ppc. Not good in a 6ppc. It is great powder but not worth more than you would pay for 133. Its biggest asset is that it is not temp sensitive. I understand they stopped making it in at the end of WWII. Dennis Wagner and I have shot a ton of it.
Probably shoot a couple of pounds of it next week in Phoenix.

Lot 1 for sure

It is Lot 1. The fellow that has it bought it years ago and has given me some in the cans that have the yellow paper around them with the load info on them.

Yes, it is about the smallest grain stuff I've ever seen.

Back