ARA Results from El Dorado, California

G

gpscory

Well, I guess that Daylight Savings time and the Flintlock match down the hill sure affected our 22 rimfire match. Only 3 shooters showed; myself, Dale and a new shooter (Des) from El Dorado Hills (I think).

Dale Bakken 2062.5
John Cory 1858.75
Des Bennington 1696.25

Des was shooting a BSA and some 'old' Federal and even got brave enough to join the El Dorado Rod and Gun Club (poor fellow).

Thanks for the help with scoring and clean up. It is always appreciated.

Info on our club and shooting schedule: www.eldoradorodandgun.com

Hope to see more shooters next month. :):)

John Cory
ARA Match Director
gpscory@Internet49.com
530-642-2217

Missing shooters

Hey Jerry,

I think the Daves are working out family schedules. Last year when we shot on Saturday, soccer interferred with David C. (The Younger). I am not too sure what the issues are this year.

I know that Laura is shooting very sucessfully at our trap matches and is concentrating on those events (so she said when I saw her last week).

We will just have to see what goes this year and understand that there are many other disciplines that compete with our 22 rimfire matches and that they hold their own appeal (just look at Cowboy Shooting, the fastest growing shooting event in the US).

With ammo and gas the way it is, I think that we must encourage our local (whatever that means) shooters to compete. Maybe some of them are put off when they see the custom guns, etc. I just hope the interest continues with the shooters that we know. :D

John

Man, I wish we could get up there. Would love to compete with you guys and share info.

What most don't realize, this State is extra long. And it aint no little thing to run from one end to the other.

Like I said, truly want to and will work on making the trip happen.

Keep up the good work Brothers!

GG

El Dorado to San Diego: Hello Gordon

Hey Gordon,

The same from up here in Northern California. It is 2 hours to Modesto to the RBA Matches; 4 hours to Red Bluff for ARA; 4 hours to Sunnyvale and 10 hours to San Diego from here.

California distances are the pits when it comes to shooting other matches. Perhaps some of us would be able to shoot the State Match this year.

Hope to see you there.:D

John

Back