Anyone heard of this new Gun Ban Bill??

Paul Fielder

Haven't heard about it, and not surprised either. Republican, Democrat, it won't matter. Times have changed, and unless you have the kind of big money needed to buy off people like this, we get what big money buys.

If you'll notice they're all eastern or big city RINO's who have to be anti-gun to get elected. The assault weapon ban didn't do anything to reduce crime the first time it was tried, and the people who are going to murder people anyway aren't bothered by some silly law. It will be interesting to see how far this goes though.

Current status: 6/12/2008 referred to House Committee on the Judiciary.

HON. MARK STEVEN KIRK
OF ILLINOIS
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
THURSDAY, JUNE 12, 2008

Mr. KIRK. Madam Speaker, today I join Representatives Castle, Ferguson and Shays in introducing the Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008. This September will mark the fourth anniversary of the expiration of the landmark 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms reported that crimes involving assault weapons dropped by two-thirds while the Federal ban was in effect. As the Nation witnesses a dramatic spread of violent gang activity, it is imperative that we take action to keep automatic weapons out of the hands of these criminals. It is high time to bring back the ban.

This bill will prohibit the domestic manufacture and sale of military-style semi-automatic assault weapons such as AK-47s and UZIs, as well as high-capacity ammunition clips that hold more than ten rounds. It also includes weapons designed to fit accessories such as flash suppressors, silencers, and bayonets--accessories that serve no legitimate purpose outside the military and law enforcement.

The Mexican government is currently engaged in a violent war against heavily armed, extremely violent drug traffickers. Just recently the cartels assassinated the Mexican equivalent of our FBI Director. They are now threatening President Calderon's life.

These gangs operate in every major metropolitan area in the United States, and are increasingly active in suburban America where the local police are ill-equipped to meet this threat. Restoring the assault weapons ban will help level the playing field for these police as they work to keep our communities safe and gang-free.

I urge my colleagues to join me in sponsoring this commonsense legislation.

Oh yes, and where are the Mexican gangs getting their full auto guns? Not at Joe's Gun Shop or the local gun show that's for sure. The whole idea is to just ban the bad guns now and the rest later. Ya know those long range sniper rifles, like, oh BR rifles, live varmint rifles, F Class rifles, scoped hunting rifles, handguns, then shotguns.

The rich and influential will still be able to have armed guards and/or guns though because they're all trustworthy. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Illinois

I tell you all what, that F%&*()@ state is going to be ruination of the whole darn country. I was detained one time in (Hellinois) for having a deer slug gun in the rear window of my truck, Being from Indiana I thought nothing of it. You folks living over there in what was once a territory of Indiana need to flood your representatives with letters about this bull skatoligy.

The problem with a lot of states that have one large city that wags the rest of the state, like Chicago in IL, Seattle/Tacoma in WA, NYC in NY, is that the people who live in that city and it's suburbs frequently have NO idea how us commoners live. The only guns they hear of are on tv in "entertainment" or on "the news". I remember watching a local tv news show in Seattle where someone had been stabbed - in the background was a large picture of a pistol which had NO relationship to the crime being reported at all. Hey, don't bother me with facts I already know how I feel! :eek::eek:

It's not about guns it's about control just like 99% of the rest of the governmental regulations designed to control what we do (or think).

Changing Times

Little story

It was about 1973

I live in a large city not as big as Indianapolis, but close. I have been here all my life. I can remember walking down the street on my way home from squirrel hunting with a .22 rifle. The firearm was unloaded , safety on and action open. But I was 10 yrs old or so and walking down the street and there was no sidewalk so I was in the way of traffic. I thought nothing of it.

So a police officer pulls up behind us and sounds his siren and lights, at this point I am still not thinking I am doing anything wrong. I can actually remember thinking ( whats wrong with this police officer, he must be (coo-coo):eek:

So this officer gets out of his car walks up to me and my friend and asks if he can look at our .22's and we said sure. he looked at them and checked to see if they were loaded. He then hands the firearms back and says, if you boys are old enough to carry rifles then you are old enough to have hunting licenses. Then he drives off. :p

Wonder what would happen today :cool:

OldTimer

I can tell you what would happen in the state of Ca. Those cops here would shoot you.

Scary.....

I can tell you what would happen in the state of Ca. Those cops here would shoot you.

....most cops in Texas I know would ask to see it & compliment.

Reassuring to know that if Fed Big Brother said "Turn them in", No cops in Texas would dare inforce or try....

We might move the wall up to the Red River:)

pf

Back