Anyone have experience with a Remington ETRONX???

J

Jackson~in~GA

Anyone have or had any experience with one? Are the bolts the same as the conventional bolts? I have a couple 700 receivers I bought to build some rifles on, and I was just gonna order two bolts from Dave Kiff to use with them. A friend ran across someone who had a ETRONX bolt and trigger cheap, but I wasn't sure if they would interchange since i've never had my hands on one. I know the firing pin etc... would be different, but wasn't sure about the bolt itself. I thought if it was the same I would just buy a conventional firing pin assembly for it. Thanks for any help you guys might can give. ~Jackson

Go with PTG Bolt

Jackson,
I asked about the EtronX on here about three weeks ago. I bought the EtronX receiver in the classified. Forget about using an original EtronX bolt and trigger. I spoke to Dave @ PTG and he told me that he had sold about 200 of his bolts to a fellow converting EtronXs to conventional firing systems. Once I got the receiver in hand I put the bolt out of my VSSF and a factory 700 trigger and it went snap without any modifications. The EtronX has a totally different trigger and the bolt has an electrode instead of a firing pin.

Thanks for the info Baron. Looks like I'll be ordering a couple bolts next week.

Back