Anyone Have A 40X Bolt Stop

C

ccg

I am hoping someone has one laying around. A gunsmith lost mine and Remington does not have any.

He lost it make him replace it. Why do his legwork. There is no excuse for poor workmanship in my book.

Agreed. But having been there, you can probably expedite getting another by having someone copy one for you. Or you can put in one of the Sinclair type.

Why not just have your gunsmith fit a Sinclair pull pin bolt stop/release for you since he lost the part? He will need to cut a small relief on the bolt handle to fit but it's much easier to use.

Thanks For Your Suggestions

This is but one of several things he did. This gun was damaged when he sent it back to me because of the poor packing job he did. There was also a Win M52 in the box that was only slightly damaged. He also made a mess of it when he repaired the other damage. I am cutting my loses. I am also afraid of sending a stop out of my other gun to someone to make a duplicate.

CCG, try this smith he is near you in So CAl. He may be able to help you. Lew

Jim Gruning (Gruning Precision, Dept. GA, 7101 Jurupa Ave., No. 12, Riverside, CA 92504; 909/289-4371; gruningprecision.com)

Beau;
Thanks for trying to help out. I paid $275 for the barreled action so I guess I could let it go for $12,000. I'll through in the shipping

I bought a bare rec awhile back and started looking for the rest of the stuff. I am pretty sure the guy below has reproduced the bolt stops. Super nice guy.

Outback Guns
2110 McLean Avenue
New Albany, IN 47150
Phone: (812) 945-0480
Hours: Tues - Fri, 10a.m.-5 p.m. EST

Models: 1889, 1894, 1900, dbl derringer, elliott derringer, Army44, Rolling Block #1, #1 1/2, 2, 4, 5, Model 3(1893), 6, Seven, 8, 9, Nylon 10, 11, 12, 10SG, 11, 12, SPT48, 14, 16, 17, 21, 25, 29, 30BA, 31, 32, 33, 34, 40X RF & CF, 41, 51, SPT58, N66, 76, 77, SPT74, SPT76, SPT78, XP-100, 341, 341P

BTW, if your receiver's locking lug surfaces are fubar the guy to fix that is Penrod Precision.

Beau;
Thanks for trying to help out. I paid $275 for the barreled action so I guess I could let it go for $12,000. I'll through in the shipping

Always trying to help. I'll go $25 over your cost and take care of the shipping. Seriously, I think I would consider the Sinclair stop. It looks like it would work well. I'm thinking of going that way. But finding an original stop is tough. I've been there.

crb;
I have bought quite a few items from Wendell at Out Back. I called him today (he is closed Mondays) and he has stops that he makes. His are for the coiled springs but he said you can file a small notch for the one leg of the torsion spring to make it work. They are $25.00

Thanks to all for their suggestions!

The 40X Rimfire Bolt Stop From Out Back Did Not Work

I am still looking for a factory bolt stop. Anyone replace theirs with an after market stop that would like to sell the factory one?

The stop for the coil spring version (as oppose to the torsion spring version) is completely different from the one I needed. I gave up trying to make it work.

I wonder if you could make one, but then you'd need the spring prolly can't make that. Thanks, Douglas

You might give R.W. Hart in Nescopeck, Pa. a try for a Bolt Stop, they used to stock A LOT of Remington parts. 1-800-368-3656. Hope it helps.

Back