Any new updates to IR5050 Rules announced during nationals?

Hozzie

I was unable to make it to Indoor Nationals, but have been waiting to hear if there were any announcements about possible updates to the rules. In my case, I am waiting to see if the Sporter class will continue to require a repeater action. Doesn't matter to me in the end, but would prefer to use a single shot just for ease of bedding, etc. It is my next build so I want to know what, if any, rules will officially change before ordering another action.

Any news available or a timeframe of when we may hear something?

Last edited:
Hozzie
If you try to use a single shot action with the weight limit at 7.5 lbs. You might have trouble making weight. I heard of a sporter being disqualified at a match at Capital City Maine. That gun was two tenths thats right two tenths of an ounce over weight. I wouldn't look for any changes any time soon.

Hozzie
I wouldn't look for any changes any time soon.

Could be, but I would like to hear that from Wayne before spending $1300 on a new action. ;) There have been enough 'suggestions' that I figure it is prudent to wait for an official answer. I figure if a change in that area is made, there may also be a slight change in weight to accommodate some other minor updates.

In the end, it doesn't matter to me, but I would like to build based on the latest rules. If Wayne comes out and says there will be no rules changes at all for next year, that is all I need to hear.

Sorry for trying to help you. good luck with your new build.

No need to be sorry, I do appreciate the feedback. I apologize if I came across negatively. When I referred to suggestions, I was merely referring to all of the feedback provided in Tony's original question to the group.

I am really just looking for an official response so I can get an action ordered. I thought maybe they announced something during indoor nationals.

A; lot of huff and puff after the out door nationals. A committee was formed spear headed by Tony Harper to see if rule changes would help 50/50 attendance. His posts on this site pointed toward 275 scoring. All the huffing and puffing was just that.

I talked to one of the other committee members today When i asked about it he just laughed.

THE FISH ROTS FROM THE HEAD FIRST

Back