Any info RE: the Crossman Anschutz Model 84 CO2 match rifle?

charlesasmith

Am interested in this rare match rifle made from the late '80s through the early '90s. Anyone know about issues with this gun? I understand only a few were custom made by or for Crossman. Exploring shooting the CO2 class in USBR.

If you have any suggestions about a CO2 rifle that is very accurate, has a low trigger pull weight, and well designed stock for BR use I would appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks,

Chuck Smith

made by Crossman no ANZ association, No parts available from Crossman I am aware of. Ahead of its time with the digital readout of pressure. It was a nice unit just poor support from Crossman from the late 80's on. Check the Styer and FWB and Walter units Beautiful rifles. Anz never made a CO2 rifle. I think the FWB were C60 and C62 models. Can't remember the Styer or Walther model #'s. Co2 had a short life in competition due to EU rules regarding expelling co2 into atmosphere. The FWB were the most popular. Strictly a distribution thing. Every so often one pops up on Target Talk Forum ( Pilkington's sight) You could place a want ad there and see what develops. All of these are designed for off hand shooting as 3 position air rifle is a johnny come lately thing. They have accessory rails on the bottom of the forend and butt plates are adjustable. Iron sights were/are the rule of the day scoping them can lead to issues regarding interference with the loading port/cocking mechanisms. Chris.

Last edited:
Correct the Fen C60, C62 and C63 were CO2 sharing most parts with the later P70.
I wouldnt hold much hope up for getting the right parts, schematics show same C60 valve across the different model numbers inc P70, P70FT and P700 as same valve - Its not and know of at least 6 different valves.
Should you get one to work it will suffer zero shift atrociously unless a rail is clamped off the barrel.
Add to that CO2 power fluctuations dependant upon temperature.

Stick to air.

Back