Anschutz stock repair?

B

bluechip

I have a new Anschutz 54.30 with a minor (sandable) nick in the stock that I want to repair. It is a lighter color, somewhat blonde and need to know if a simple light sanding or steel wool followed by oil is the fix or possibly some type of urethane or lacquer is the finish that was used. Anybody?

I have a new Anschutz 54.30 with a minor (sandable) nick in the stock that I want to repair. It is a lighter color, somewhat blonde and need to know if a simple light sanding or steel wool followed by oil is the fix or possibly some type of urethane or lacquer is the finish that was used. Anybody?

A picture would help.
If it's an oil finish it may be possible to raise it via the oild wet cloth/hot iron treatment. If it's urathane you're best shot is to fill it above existing finish and then wet sand and buff it out.
Neither one is really advised with no experience.

In case others have a minor stock repair, I called Anschutz and they told me to use Trewax. I tried it and it worked great.

BlueChip,

I would like to know more about how your 54.30 is performing. Have i missed a thread/review somewhere?

Back