Anschutz F27A BR50 for benchrest

Steelringer

Hello
Anyone using a Fortner based action for benchrest shooting? Like the model F27A BR50. Awesome action, very smooth, fast to cycle and fast lock time. Looking one over and would like to hear from other owners for comments. Thanks.

Hello
Anyone using a Fortner based action for benchrest shooting? Like the model F27A BR50. Awesome action, very smooth, fast to cycle and fast lock time. Looking one over and would like to hear from other owners for comments. Thanks.

Anschutz Biathlon actions the 1827 are quite common 'sporters' used in European and worlds under WRABF/ERABSF ,but the cost is factor as that limits their popularity. F27A is much rarer bird and often costs $$$ so not many around

0804_benchrest-em-wc_2013-br50.jpg

Hello

There was one at the 2011 World Championship Shoot in South Carolina. I was lucky enough to have a chance to shoot it. It shot pretty well.
After the shoot I did some research aimed at building one for benchrest. I concluded that there was a lot of uncontrolled vibration in the action, so I gave up on the idea. Perhaps, I gave up too soon. Someone may very well be able to build a successful bench gun on this action.

I came to the realize there are many other action options available with less problems. The 10X 111, and the 10X X90 to mention two. They each need a certain amount of blue printing, but that is fairly easily accomplished by any number of smiths.

If you decide to pursue the idea please keep us informed of your progress.

TKH

There was one at the 2011 World Championship Shoot in South Carolina. I was lucky enough to have a chance to shoot it. It shot pretty well.
After the shoot I did some research aimed at building one for benchrest. I concluded that there was a lot of uncontrolled vibration in the action, so I gave up on the idea. Perhaps, I gave up too soon. Someone may very well be able to build a successful bench gun on this action.

I came to the realize there are many other action options available with less problems. The 10X 111, and the 10X X90 to mention two. They each need a certain amount of blue printing, but that is fairly easily accomplished by any number of smiths.

If you decide to pursue the idea please keep us informed of your progress.

TKH

At least there is one being used south of us, ;) I know many US BR shooters use custom actions. I have a Falcon that I usually shoot. I'm still trying to live up to its precision. The majority of benchrest shooters in our province shoot 54 action Anschutz, along w. a 40X or two and some customs. With the Fortner action one could take advantage of its speed when trying to shoot in optimum conditions. The factory test targets speak for themselves, as do other Anschutz match rifles. They are not inexpensive....C$4000....about US$3000. Will look further into the vibration concern.
Hope to hear from some owners of this model. They are out there. Yes, if all comes about, will keep you posted.
VT

Back