anschutz 64

D

dale stephenson

hello everyone. I am wanting to try my hand at benchrest shooting and I just purchased a Anschutz 64, can anyone tell me about this gun.

The Annie 64s that shoot in our club's unsanctioned matches regularly shoot 220 to 235 on the RBA target at 50 yards. That's good enough to win the Bipod class. In sanctioned matches you will be finishing well towards the back against the other rifles on the firing line. I hear tales of 64s that shoot right with the $3000 rifles, just never seen it in person. So it really depends on the club and their rules package. In our club we wanted to encourage the people with lesser rifles to come out and compete so they get their own class. We also allow 17s in their own class. It's been interesting.

PS. I shot my first RFBR match with a Savage Anschutz Mk10 which is a 64 actioned gun. I'm still here so it didn't discourage me too bad :eek: The POI was so unpredicatble that it was practically a waste of ammo. A decent Annie 54 or a Suhl 150 on the other hand will get close to the customs.

Back