Anschutz 54 Match rifle

TwoDogs42

I have a Old Anschutz Model 54 match rifle, i need to know of a Good Gunsmith to have the Receiver Drilled and Taped for a scope mount....This Rifle receiver has only a Dove tail in the rear portion of the Action....The ser number of the Rifle is in the range 12xxx....I live in the Jacksonville Florida area...I Understand I may half to send it out of State..HELP

Help

I have a Old Anschutz Model 54 match rifle, i need to know of a Good Gunsmith to have the Receiver Drilled and Taped for a scope mount....This Rifle receiver has only a Dove tail in the rear portion of the Action....The ser number of the Rifle is in the range 12xxx....I live in the Jacksonville Florida area...I Understand I may half to send it out of State..HELP

I think George's idea is best. I have also set up those old actions in the mill and cut the front dovetail. I wouldn't do it now if I had known the mount George mentions was available. The action maker only considered using them for peep sights.
Jerry

Last edited:
Couple of solutions

If you are interested in mounting a scope in quality rings, you could contact www.kelbly.com. they make quality matched rings that will attach directly (clamp) to the 11 MM dovetails on an Anschutz.

An alternative is www.diproductsinc.com, they make a rail that will slide onto the dovetail (well machined mount) and lock in place using @ 8 set screws, or if drilled and tapped (not in your case) 4 screws going into the action. The configuration is a picatinny rail and any number of scope rings or mounts can then be used.

Hope this helps.

BLK Mount

I use the BLK Mount George talked about on 2 older 1964 annies that are only dovetailed on the back of the action and they work great I wouldn't alter the older annie if I didn't have to

Back