Anschutz 2013/690A BR50 Walnut

R

rc7990

Our local gun club holds a monthly rimfire (.22LR) competition with 4 classes with the following rifle types.

1. Factory - Bolt action, semi-auto, lever action, sporter, varmint, etc with factory stock barrel, rebedding, trigger work but no jewel triggers. Example: CZ 455.
2. Factory Target - Same modifications as Factory class but higher quality rifle. Example: Anschutz 64.
3. Top Factory - Same modifications as Factory Target but higher quality rifle. Example: Anschutz 54, Rem 40x, Win 52, Kimber 82.
4. Unlimited - Custom built. All modifications are OK. No 1-piece rests.

My question is: I'm thinking of purchasing an Anschutz 2013/690A BR Walnut to shoot in the Top Factory class and wanted to know your opinion as to how this Anschutz compares to the Rem 40x, Win 52, Kimber 82, and any other comparable rifle?

Just for a little more information, I have been shooting in the Factory Target class for the past year using an Anschutz 64S BR but my wife began shooting it the past few weekends and wants to take ownership of it. I can't complain as she shoots it as well or better than I do and she has given me permission to purchase "my" new rifle.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can provide.

Please keep in mind this is JMHO

The 2013 is better than the Kimber 82G, its on equal footing with the 40X, but it won't hold a candle to a 52D Winchester.

Now guess which one is my favorite. LOL. An Anschutz is a serious contender in any class. A friend of my had a 2007 in the BR50 stock, shot several 250's in IR50/50 competition. Added a tuner and put it into a custom bench rest stock, but it did not shoot any better or worse. He resently sold it, I think to buy a full on custom. It was a killer with peep sights.

George

Thanks George, I appreciate you opinion. I've heard a lot of good things about the Win 52d and have seen a couple at our local gun club.

Ok IMOP the Anschutz would be best of the guns here you have to pick from. All the other would be used guns and you don't know how they were cared for. the Anschutz would have the best trigger by far, also a flat bottom stock way better for shooting brenchrest.

Out of the models listed the only viable units would be the 40x or Annie, with the 40x being a distant second unless fully worked over depending on what your rules allow and that would drive its cost almost up to a new annie. the 82 no parts or triggers available and same for 52. ( 52 d & e micro motion trigger can be worked to a very respectable unit. 82 's are a toss up some shoot some don't ) Another option would be the Cooper br unit. Annie br stocks are about 2.5" wide with a fair drop at the butt. The common Br game in the EU is different than here and so that is what the annie br is tailored to. ( it is a standing , shooting off a monopod/ bipod game) They also shoot what we consider BR. The cooper is a factory produced entrance level br unit as I have heard it described other than pictures I have no experience with it. the others listed I have plenty of hours behind over the years.
Currently using a 40x, rebarreled with a Kelby trigger , conventional br type strait line stock. In addition for the barnyard type matches I use a BSA Martini I forget the exact model at present, kinda goes against the grain being a 2 piece stock but hold its own vs either of my 52's or older Annie's or what ever any one else is shooting ( they always were under rated state side being a falling block style action)

Back