Anschutz 1710 22lr

G

garrisone

I am looking for the complete trigger guard and bottom metal for an Anschutz 1710. i am hopeing some one may be able to help me find these parts. Thanks for any help. garrisone.

I am looking for the complete trigger guard and bottom metal for an Anschutz 1710. i am hopeing some one may be able to help me find these parts. Thanks for any help. garrisone.

Good luck, great rifle. I love mine, a 1710 DBH.

I did read somewhere, although it was some time ago, that a company in the States were/are making one piece bottom/trigger guards for the 1710. If you come across them or anyone knows the name of the company I’d appreciate a heads up.

Brian

Thanks, that’s the company although I think they went under a different name at the time. I bought a couple of bottom units for a Sako Finnfire some years ago. Looks like he hasn't progressed to the 1710, shame.

Brian

A big thank you for this information.

I own a Sako Finnfire P94S which I bought new back in the mid 90's. The gun came with one of the most beautiful Beaver Tail dark stocks I have ever seen. The problem became that the stock made the gun way too heavy for the IR 50/50 Sporter Class, so over the years I ended up buying 2 more much lighter stocks for the gun, the last of which came with not only pillar beddding, but also had a metal insert bedded under the action, plus also included having the original trigger guard altered (cut) in order to add a piece of Aluminum to it to make it more stable.

Now the problem I've been facing is I am getting out of competing in rimfire as I have converted over to only competing with air rifles, but want to keep this gun and return it to its original stock. Consiquently, the problem has been that due to the previous alteration I now need a newtrigger guard in order to properly fit the original stock without having to alter that, but didn't know where to get one. That problem is now solved due to this information.

By the way, with this gun I have shot one 250-14X target and multiple 249's of various X-counts. The gun's a shooter, no doubt about it.

Thanks again,

Dave Shattuck

Sako Finnfire

Great rifles Dave, I reckon bang for buck one of the best benchrest rifles out there (and an appreciating asset). We are fortunate in as much our weight limit is 8.5lb (with a 12x scope), so a bit easier to make the rules.

I made a mistake and switched the barrel for a Lilja, not there was anything wrong with the Lilja, but it didn’t shoot any better than the original Sako ( and Lapua Midas L, as it was at the time).

Getting back on post, I wish someone would make a one-piece bottom metal for the Anschutz. In the overall scheme of things it may not make a great deal of difference…….but I would like one:)

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian,

With mine, I left the dealer after picking it up and went straight to the range, cleaned the barrel, put it in the bags and shot a 244 with good X-count when using, as you said, Midas L. And that was with the factor trigger and barrel.

I did put a Stainless Steel Lilja 1-17 tight bore on mine, and it shot better. Then, after the 2002 Nationals I sent the barrel home with Bill Myers who reverse tapered it leaving a dog's leg, or whatever they call that enlarged section near the muzzle, and did a slight reverse bore of the muzzle, plus unbeknownst to me, put a webbing around the barrel and sand blasted a spider web affect along its entire length. Now, not only does the gun shoot outstandingly, but it also looks every bit as good. As I said, I've got a 250-14X under my belt with it, and can't wait to see how good it looks, and shoots, once back at home in its original stock. And, if I'm not happy with it, I've still got the factory barrel and trigger?

Dave

Dave,

I had a Benchmark barrel fitted to mine, absolutely shot lights out. Fitted in a Don Stith stock:

100_0216-1.jpg

There’s no question that knot on the end of the barrel makes a huge difference. Unfortunately they are not legal over here so I ended up selling it (big mistake) to a guy who fitted it to a LV gun.

Brian

1710 parts

Good luck, great rifle. I love mine, a 1710 DBH.

I did read somewhere, although it was some time ago, that a company in the States were/are making one piece bottom/trigger guards for the 1710. If you come across them or anyone knows the name of the company I’d appreciate a heads up.

Brian

Brian : Thanks for the reply. The rest just kinda ignored my post as you were the only one to try to help me. Thank again. garrisone.

Brian : Thanks for the reply. The rest just kinda ignored my post as you were the only one to try to help me. Thank again. garrisone.
No problem.

I knew I’d seen a one piece bottom for an Anschutz 1710 somewhere: http://www.canyoncreekgunstocks.com/store/productlist.asp?category=options
Deep pockets required I’m afraid $125 and I’m not sure he would sell one without it being fitted to one of his stocks.

Love the mans work: http://www.canyoncreekgunstocks.com/store/productlist.asp?category=anschutz replacement

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Pharr builds one piece floorplates for the 1700 series of rifles. His website is Tumbleweeds, I think. He is on the steelchickens forum.
Daryl (cwmoss)

Back