Aluminum adapter plate

j3x44

Does any know where to purchase a three inch aluminum adapter plate; that is used to convert a rifle with a accessory rail into a benchrest rifle. Thanks,

I like to use delrin. It's surprising how long it takes to whittle out something nice and the piece to fit into the rail takes even longer than the glide plate. This is something I made for myself and I don't offer them FS. Sorry.

glideplate.jpg

I purchased a Whidden plate from Champion's Choice this summer. Very pleased with it. Mounted to a SSS LVT stock and tracks the bags very well.

Tim

Sinclair sells one, a buddy of mine has one and really likes it. Tom c, tell them about the adapter.

I now have one of those on order thanks to you .....
:)

ShadowChaser

On the Jeff Madison adaptor plate how long is it and
how does it ride in your rest and is your rifle still balanced
with it attached. Thats nice

Thanks

ShadowChaser

On the Jeff Madison adaptor plate how long is it and
how does it ride in your rest and is your rifle still balanced
with it attached. Thats nice

Thanks

The adapter plate for the AA S400MPR shown in the pictures is 7" long and makes the gun incredibly stable in a von Ahrens or Pappas style rest. As to balance, the plate adds about one half pound to the forearm which to my feel has little effect on balance and if anything, the added weight improves the guns stablity. Its a win-win solution as I see it and I've had several other shooters shoot this gun in benchrest matches and they always end up with a grin...

One hint, I use a very light coat of spray teflon dry lubricant on the sliding surfaces of the aluminum to increase its slipperiness and make it super smooth in the gun guide...

Happy Shooting,
Mitch & Shadow...

If I wanted to make my own plate where would I acquire the T nuts that fit inside the full length rail of a 40x ?

I've made several T-nuts for accessory rails by filing the head of a carriage bolt to fit.

I have done the filing trick in reverse full size nut filed down to fit. That way the screws come up from the bottom and cinch it tight.

If I wanted to make my own plate where would I acquire the T nuts that fit inside the full length rail of a 40x ?

I would contact Jeff Madison at mwerksllc.com, most likely he has them in stock and would know what fits what...

Happy Shooting,
Mitch & Shadow...

im looking to put one of these plates on my target rifle but i cannot find a T-track anywhere! i have googled my ass off and have tried accessory rail, t track, stock rail, etc... and nothing comes up?

can someone please tell me the exact name of the aluminum track i need for the bottom of my stock or where to get one here in the USA?

thanks

Back