Advice!, reamer specs on 300WSM/210b

a.JR

Hi all, Need full reamer specs for a 210 Ber/ 300WSM using the winchester case .. Useing an 11twist 4 groove .300/.308 barrel..JR..Jeff Rogers

Hey Jeff

If you haven't tried the New Berger 210 BT Match bullets yet give them a try.They shoot very well.
Lynn

Jeff,

I think most cut the case head dimension down to .554 or so. Neck dimensions vary greatly from person to person and whatever you like on other 30's is fine. The shoulder leave alone. Body dimension at the shoulder could probably use a little reduction also to maintain the body taper.

Over here, at least where I shoot, I think most use Norma brass.

I've seen sammi spec chambers shoot terrific. (competitive terrific)

I'm guessing (cause I've never asked anyone) but I think throats are generally 1.5-2.0 degrees per side. 1.5 is the Sammi spec for the case.

Hi all, Need full reamer specs for a 210 Ber/ 300WSM using the winchester case .. Useing an 11twist 4 groove .300/.308 barrel..JR..Jeff Rogers

Are you asking about extending the throat to get full case capacity?

Note Norma brass comment above.

Specs

Hi all , Lynn , do you have a difference between the 2 BER 210s in bearing surface ??
Phil, Norma is not regularly available in AUS ,but win is ..Was going wiht the reamer dimensions on the body to suit the brass when it is in hand .. I have always run the boatail break at least 35 thou in front of the neck/shoulder junction with the longest bullet i would use so what i really need is the lead length and angle .. am i right in saying a .334 will give a good clean up on the Norma and Win cases??..JR..Jeff Rogers

aJR

Jeff the new BT Match bullets have a 0.495 bearing length on them and shoot very well.I can't find a VLD laying around or I'd measure one up for you.
If you need some samples let me know off forum.
Lynn

Berger 210-VLD specs:

OAL = 1.460"
BT = .190"
Nose L = .729"
Bearing L = .540"
Base to Ogive = .730"
Meplat = .062"
Radius = 15-cal

Happy Shooting
Donovan Moran

Jeff,

I run .340 necks in my chambers. My next ones may be different if I do chamber up another barrel but that's yet to be seen.

While I do have a big neck, I run a .328/.329 loaded round size, so I take a lot of brass off.

Now again, I run all Norma brass but there's plenty for me to clean up there, or even if I was to have a 334 loaded round I'm sure. From past experience, I'd say the necks on the Win brass are actually thicker and will need more brass removed, but all the WSM brass has changed over the years and that might not be true any more. Probably buying a bag of brass or asking someone here who shoots newer Winchester 300Wsm brass would give a definite answer to that.

If memory serves me, .020 of neck material on new brass was not uncommon. It was in fact so bad, reloads would not go in a sammi spec factory chamber sometimes without neck turning. By now I hope that's been fixed with the Win brass.

Oh, and I'd be the wrong guy to ask on that freebore length as my boattail/bearing junction is WAY below the neck/shoulder junction when a bullet is seated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back