Accuracy test ammo

B

Bud

Is there a list of test ammo used by manufactures when building their rifles ?

Last edited by a moderator:

I just received a e-mail from C/Z that said they do not test for accuracy, they only test for function of the firearm.

Only one I ever heard that discloses anything is Cooper with included test targets.

I just received a e-mail from C/Z that said they do not test for accuracy, they only test for function of the firearm.

There's always a lot of chatter on the CZ forum about this test target and that test target and it always comes around to the same answer. All those test targets that comes with a CZ means is that they pulled the trigger it went bang and the round hit the paper. You can't tell anything else about the rifle from that test.

Only one I ever heard that discloses anything is Cooper with included test targets.

You are correct ! My Cooper TRP-3 came with the test target and the ammo used, as well as the name of the person that did the shooting.
They also don't let it to leave the factory until it shoots' a 3/8" group.

I run across a list of loads (I think it's on the "saubier" forum) that Cooper used in their rifles. Most of the loads listed were a medium load. It did not say it was the same load as the test target. Isn't HHS loading some of their test ammo now?

Remington use to list the load on the test target that came with their 40 X's .

Hal

Test Ammunition

Well, if your still interested in finding out, I can do that for you as I work @ Cooper here in Montana. I know they do use a variety but would be happy to find out for you. It may even depend on which Cooper you shoot specifically. Just say the word and I will find out! ;)

Well, if your still interested in finding out, I can do that for you as I work @ Cooper here in Montana. I know they do use a variety but would be happy to find out for you. It may even depend on which Cooper you shoot specifically. Just say the word and I will find out! ;)

My TRP 3 was the "FIRST" one built before they went into production. It had SK+ on the original targets. = Rob Behr

Cooper Target loads

Cooper targets I've seen had Midas on the group

Cooper for almost every gun, uses for the target shooting, ammunition that is made right at the Cooper facility. Of coarse this does depend on what is being test fired, but majority of all ammuntion used are not factory loads, they are done by hand here at Cooper.

My TRP 3 come with the target to saying Midas+ was used in it?

The target that come with my rifle showed the group shot with it using Midas+ ammo? But I can not get that rifle to shoot the same groups as the target using Midas+ Ammo!! So I wonder what distance they are testing them at, 25 or 50 yards as the target does not say? I found a few things wrong with the barrel bore on it when I slugged it to? What barrels are they using anyway!! Rambo (Douglas)

The target that come with my rifle showed the group shot with it using Midas+ ammo? But I can not get that rifle to shoot the same groups as the target using Midas+ Ammo!! So I wonder what distance they are testing them at, 25 or 50 yards as the target does not say? I found a few things wrong with the barrel bore on it when I slugged it to? What barrels are they using anyway!! Rambo (Douglas)

I believe the actual distance is 47yds. Mine was a Douglas back when they first started the TRP.
Try some SK+ ammo. I think Cooper will fix your problem. They are good people. "at least they were back then"

Bud,
I bought this rifle last year and then it was 3 years old. The guy I got it from shot it some and it shot the same for him to? I've put a tuner on it and tried all types of ammo, Eley, Wolf, SK, RWS R-50 & 100? All I can get out of it then was groups in the mid .400's? So I took it and slugged the barrel and found out it was screwed on to tight causing the bullet to jump where the barrel and receiver meets up together. So I unscrewed it and rechecked it, the bore was good after that. I refitted the barrel back but sure not as tight as they had on there and reset the head space. It does a lot better but still no winner as now it will average in the mid .200's!! I'm figuring on putting another barrel on it this winter and try it again next year!! Maybe we will have some more to chime in on this rifle as I would like to know others thoughts on it!! YBRF Rambo (Douglas)

Mid .200's ?

So is that indoors or outdoors, and just as important is that consistent groups in the 200's or one group in the 1's and the next in the 4's. If your getting consistent 1/4 inch groups from a factory rifle outdoors I think your doing darn well.

Dennis

I test out doors?

All I do is test outside with everything I've built? I got a Heavy 10/22 that will out shoot it most of the time, the high .100's! Just have to see what else I can do to before replacing the barrel on it. It slugs out funny anyway? The test target they send with shows a group in the mid .100's with Midas+ ammo being shot through it but I can not get it to do it!! YBRF Rambo (Douglas)

My litte Cooper shoots RWS Great!!

My Cooper rifle will RWS ammo, R100, R50 and Rifle Match great! The last few times it shot in the .200's and with a few high .100's. Just wanted say I found the ammo it likes so far?
YBRF!! Rambo (Douglas)

Back