ABRA's 1st 200

Congrats

Congratulations Joe!! I'm not surprised you finally got it. Your dedication is 2nd to none!
Great shooting!
Keith

An excellent target Joe! Certainly not an easy task with a semi-auto .22LR at 50 yards. The highest scoring ABRA target we've had at our club is a 195. Congratulations ... John

Congratulations Joe. Looking at the target, not would that have extended out to probably being a 250 on an IR 50/50 target, but the X-count would have been awesome as well as I count 15, and maybe 16 of your 20 shots scoring as X's under IR Rules. Plus, check out the sighter targets.

Keep it up.

Dave

Thank You Very Much Guys,you never know when you are going to achieve a card like this so much can go south in a hurry.

Joe

Last edited:
Re-posting for two reasons. First, to put the post back on top for a moment and second to say that this is a really good target to be shot at 50 yards with a semi-auto. A really, really good target!

Wilbur,

I agree as I doubt I am not worthy of such perfection with an auto gun. But, you have to keep in mind that his gun as a close to an off-the-shelf gun as ours are. Still, awesome shooting.

Dave

Wilbur,

I agree as I doubt I am not worthy of such perfection with an auto gun. But, you have to keep in mind that his gun as a close to an off-the-shelf gun as ours are. Still, awesome shooting.

Dave

Thank you guys for recognizing for what ABRA is doing with auto guns, its a lot of fun.
A challenge to boot.
ABRA would love to be a sponsor on this great site.

Joe

Joe - I'm pretty sure we got crosswired the first attempt. It ain't really easy (for me) to fix up a "thingy" that fits the home page and to tell the truth, I likely don't have sense enough to do it anymore. Looking around a bit, I can see that others are having the same problem. Maybe I can find someone that will help us both....I'll look around!

It wouldn't take a half hour to do if you had done it recently....

Joe - I'm pretty sure we got crosswired the first attempt. It ain't really easy (for me) to fix up a "thingy" that fits the home page and to tell the truth, I likely don't have sense enough to do it anymore. Looking around a bit, I can see that others are having the same problem. Maybe I can find someone that will help us both....I'll look around!

It wouldn't take a half hour to do if you had done it recently....

just let me Know when your ready 830-796-0815

Thank you
Joe

Guns?

I went to the ABRA website and there was a link to pictures of some ones fine auto benchrest rifle. Are they all 10-22 clones or are others competing also? If so what others and how do they fare against the 10-22s ?

Hi All

Check out the Ultimate thread over on RFC. Joe has posted up some pics of his latest handi work. Two beautiful rifles that may very well be the equal of his current Hammer Time rifle accuracy wise.

Joe is doing everything he can to get the most out of these set ups and making some remarkably accurate rifles in the process. He also shares his ideas freely. He is doing a lot to advance the sport of rimfire benchrest.

Most everything in the ABRA is a 10/22 or its clone.

Have a great nite all

Tony Purdy
The Purdy Prescription (PRX)
Does your rifle shoot "Purdy Good?"

I went to the ABRA website and there was a link to pictures of some ones fine auto benchrest rifle. Are they all 10-22 clones or are others competing also? If so what others and how do they fare against the 10-22s ?

They do well I have a fellow shooter that has a Ruger receiver , JWH bolt a kidd two stage trigger ,kidd barrel and a J&L PRX tuner.
He shoots well into the 190"s as a mater of fact he is one of the top shooters.
Joe

Hi All

Check out the Ultimate thread over on RFC. Joe has posted up some pics of his latest handi work. Two beautiful rifles that may very well be the equal of his current Hammer Time rifle accuracy wise.

Joe is doing everything he can to get the most out of these set ups and making some remarkably accurate rifles in the process. He also shares his ideas freely. He is doing a lot to advance the sport of rimfire benchrest.

Most everything in the ABRA is a 10/22 or its clone.

Have a great nite all

Tony Purdy
The Purdy Prescription (PRX)
Does your rifle shoot "Purdy Good?"

(I would like to mention that ALL OF our guns are using PRX to the 9th )
Thank You Tony ,I went ahead and put some pics up here for y'all to look at ,they are in general discussion page

Last edited:
Back