ABRA Texas State Tournament 11/4

hi2utoo

Les Williams
Boerne Shooting Club is hosting the ABRA Texas State Tournament Saturday, 11/4, start time 10am.
This will be the last shoot of the year for ABRA Texas and we plan on making it a great event with a lot of prizes, rumor of over 20 brinks of ammo to be handed out to the contestants and food. So, no matter how one shoots that day they should end up being a winner, at least in the prize category.
Note that we have a 3 card match this Sunday, 10/29, start time of 2pm and nice weather is being forecasted, great opportunity to make sure your rifle is ready to go for the gold at the State!!!
The best part is the Belt Buckle awards for the Texas State Title will be awarded after the Tournament.

Now down to the National scene.
After Louisiana State last weekend and the win by Allen Taylor he managed to close the gap between him and Steve Duvall to 9 points for the Unlimited National Championship. I believe that Allen plans on making it to San Angelo this Saturday for their 4-card match, then with the Boerne match Sunday and the Tournament he’s in position to pick up a bunch of points if he can stay on his game like he did in Louisiana. If Steve wants to stay in the hunt he may need to make the long haul from Kentucky to Texas.

The other tight races at the National level is for the Aggerate Championship in both Unlimited and Factory.
I’m .191 behind Mike McCoy for the Unlimited Crown. Got out to the range this week to test the rifle and good to report that there doesn’t seem to be any damage to it after the trailer episode. Come Sunday I’ll be on the line to go for it.

Art Shaffer is leading the way for the Factory agg. With Brian Vincent nipping at his heels only .26 points behind. Brian should have a good shot at catching him.

Ironically Steve, Mike and Art all shoot out of Blue Grass in Kentucky and Allen, Brian and I shoot out of the Boerne Club, so it’s the Texas Boys chasing the Kentucky Clan.

So mark your calendars to make the last big shoot of the year at the Boerne Shooting Club.

Les

State Shoot

looks like it will be a great shoot lots of give away stuff LAPUA is a GREAT supporter of ABRA and have a ton of AMMO to give out (Thank You very Much A.B.)
so if you have been shooting all year or first time on the bench bring your semi auto out and give it a try you just mite get Hooked
we will also have lunch everyone is welcome

Joe

Back