You are invited to the ABRA Texas State Tournament to be held:

Boerne Shooting Club
33 Shooting Club Road
Boerne Texas 78006

Date: November 4th 2017
Start Time 10:00 AM

6 Card Match Double Points

Entry Fee $35.00

Lunch and Beverages are included in the price.

Please let us know if you will be able to attend.

Hope to see you there.

1. Joe Chacon
2. Lisa Chacon
3. Les Williams
4. Allen Taylor
5. Paul Dyer
6. Tom Cunningham
7. Darren Krumweide
8. David Russell
9. Terry Paradee
10 Brian Vincent
11. Wayne Argence
12 Fred Jamison
13 Chris Hillert
14 Samantha Peterson
15 Evelio MCDonald
16 Dustin Paradee
17 Luke Restivo
18 Mel Disharoon
19 Mark Demarest
20 Steve DuVall

Last edited:
Well it's shaping up to be a big weekend with a lot of hopes and dreams on the line. I suspect that we'll see at least 25 folks make the show for I see a couple of names not on the list who I'm sure is going to be there.

Steve Duvall who is leading the National Unlimited Championship is getting serious about this for he's making the drive all the way from Kentucky to hold off Allen Taylor. Now that' some commitment and the desire to take home the prized Belt Buckle!!!

I made up some ground last week on Mike McCoy for the National Agg. title, but this is it for me, it's do or die come Saturday.

In the Factory Class it's still a very tight race for the Agg. Championship with Brian Vincent only .21 behind Art Shaffer.
The weathers looking good with mild winds and slight chance of rain so if Brain can stay on top of his gun he has a real good chance of catching and passing Art. I was wondering if Art might not make the trip to go shoulder to shoulder with Brian, who knows maybe he'll surprise everyone and drive through the gates Saturday morning for a showdown Texas style.

Now to the Texas Unlimited Championship Allen Taylor has the lead on this one, I'm trailing him by almost 10 points.
With 34 available points I have a chance, but it's a long shot at this point.

Lisa Chacon is in 3rd at this point with her worst half, Joe Chacon 13 points behind. He could still mathematically catch her, but if he's smart and it looked like he was there going into the last card, I'd highly recommend to take a drive if he doesn't want to be sleeping in the shop for the next couple of weeks

Darrek Biggs is 31 points behind Shelby Matoy for the Juniors National Unlimited Championship and he has a very good chance of making up some ground. I've heard rumors that if they are neck to neck there's one more club match scheduled Nov 19th in Georgia and both may be found making the trip to settle the score. Now if that was to happen that's some serious get it done attitude from the Junior ranks.

One thing for sure come Saturday it will be one of the biggest and best shows yet for the ABRA.

It's not to late if you own a semiauto 22LR get on the Road and be in Boerne this Saturday to chase some glory, or heck if nothing else there will be plenty of food and prizes to be had.

Les Williams

Back