ABRA National Rankings

hi2utoo

Les Williams
With the season heading into the final months the picture is starting to form as to who’s who chasing the National Champion Rankings. Folks do like those beautiful belt buckles that Joe, Lisa and Luke award at the end of the year and at this point I’d say that Jim and Allen have their sights set on winning the overall Championship.
Jim’s sporting a new rifle and I suspect will be giving Allen all he can handle. Now I’m not counting out Rick, Steve and Joe, but they’ll need to pick it up if they want to be wearing that Buckle at the end of the year.

This year ABRA has added a National Aggerate Title with a Silver Buckle to be awarded. Now this race is a little tighter with 5 shooters running neck to neck at this point.
But there’s another competitor lurking in the background needing just 3 more targets to qualify for the title, Mike McCoy with a 194 agg. Joe’s got a hot hand right now, last 2 outings 194.667 and 196.333 with a new barrel that is showing a lot of potential I expect him to be the one to keep the pressure on the rest of us.

So stay tune for this looks to be a very interesting race to the end!

Les Williams

Attachments

• ABRA National Title 7_24_2017.jpg
    ABRA National Title 7_24_2017.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 170
  • ABRA Agg Title 7_24_2017.jpg
    ABRA Agg Title 7_24_2017.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 167
ABRA Ranking Update 8/4/2017

Well there’s been some changes in the rankings since I posted last week and wanted to provide an update, plus I didn’t mention the factory folks in the original post, shame on me, and wanted to add them to the mix. Besides it’s a tighter race for the National Crown for them.

So, at this point this is the rankings for the top 3 in each category.

FACTORY
National Championship – Agg + Points
Harold Reynolds – 260.307
Ron Herring – 259.928
Wade Haley – 248.928

National Agg Championship
Michael Blackard – 179.58
Ron Herring – 177.93
Harold Reynolds – 175.31

UNLIMITED
National Championship – Agg + Points
Allen Taylor – 294.081
Jim Haley – 280.976
Les Williams – 266.333

National Agg Championship
Les Williams – 193.33
Rick Haley – 192.68
Lisa Chacon – 192.13

Allen Taylor looks to be running away with the Unlimited National Championship and doesn’t look like he’s going to let up for he’s heading to Kentucky all the way from South Texas this weekend to get some Tournament points.

If Mike McCoy has a good weekend, he shoots out of the Kentucky club, he’ll have enough targets for the unlimited Agg line and currently stands at a 194 agg and can take the lead.

Now the factory National Championship currently has Harold and Ron running neck to neck so every point is going to count from this point on. Hummm wonder if we’ll see Ron making some match trips our way to Boerne, he’s just 3 hours up the road from us.

The factory Agg Championship is tight, plus has the most non-qualified folks at this point who could make a difference if they get their 20 targets. Most notable is Ken Finely with a 187.08 agg with 12 targets. He’s got a bad boy factory gun with a killer barrel.

We’re heading around the bend so it should be interesting the rest of the season to see who comes out on the top.

Les

Back