ABRA Louisiana State Tournament 10/21/2017

hi2utoo

Les Williams
The Caddo Gun Club will be hosting the ABRA Louisiana State Tournament Saturday Oct. 21st starting at 12:30 PM. This is going to be a great shoot with plenty of competitors coming in from all over the country. It’s my understanding that Steve Duvall will be making the trek down from Kentucky to continue his dual with Allen, Road Warrior, Taylor for the Unlimited National Championship. They’ve been going at it for weeks now and Steve pulled ahead of Allen last week at the Tenn. State Tournament.
You can expect to be well fed, man did they feed us good back in July for the club tournament!
Now as an extra incentive there will be $$$ on the line to be won for both Unlimited and Factory class.
Unlimited
1st - $200
2nd – $125
3rd – $75

Factory
1st – $100
2nd – $75
3rd - $25

Below is the club location and match director contact information.
Caddo Gun Club
336 Shootout Lane
Princeton, LA 71067
Match Director:
Robert Eaton
318-518-5782
jsquackhead@gmail.com

Here’s the link to the ABRA site.
http://autobenchrestassociation.com/

Les

Just 4 more days until the ABRA Louisiana State Tournament. Great opportunity to get out and win some money with those ole semi auto 22's. They will be putting on a feed and I can attest to the last time they know how to do it right.
Last weather report was showing it to be good so come on out and either shoot with us and/or at least visit and see what it's all about.

Les

The Texas crew will be leaving in the morning making the trek over to Louisiana. Estimating 20+ folks going to be showing up for this one. Guess it's the $$$ luring in the folks for sure. If you got a semi-auto 22LR show up for you never know you may take home some Cold Cash!!!

Current weather report -
high of 85
20% chance of rain
winds 10 mph SSE.

Should be a good day for some paper punching!

Les

Made it home last night, long road trip, and the Texas gang did well over in Louisiana. I don’t have the complete results, Lisa will get those out in the next couple of days and update the standings, but I do have some of the info stored somewhere back in my grey matter.

We had 23 shooters make the show with 17 unlimited, 3 factory and 3 Juniors.

Unlimited
1st Allen Taylor
2nd Steve Duvall
3rd Joe Chacon

Factory was won by Brian Vincent

Junior was won by Derek Biggs.

Going into the match Steve was 19 points ahead of Allen for the National Championship and Allen was able to shave I believe 10 points off that lead so it’s heating up for a run to the finish.

Note that Allen donated his $200 that he won to ABRA to go towards the National Tournament next year. Way to go Allen that’s showing commitment to help grow the sport of 22LR benchrest.

Les

Back