ABRA Boerne Match Resuls 02 26 2017

MrsShootinthing

Weather was a little cool today, it pretended it was going to rain, but we got lucky and were able to compete.

Congratulations to Les Williams & Ken Finley for their 1st place wins in the Unlimited and Factory Class:

Fred Jamison straight out of the hospital took high card on the 1st target of the day shooting a 196. I think that this was his personal best in ABRA. Great Shooting Fred glad you were able to make it.

Les Williams took 1st Place in the Unlimited Class shooting an agg of 196.667 #1 195, #2 197, # 3 198.
Lisa Chacon took 2nd Place in the Unlimited Class shooting an agg of 195.333 # 191, # 2 197 High Card and # 3 198 High Card
Joe Chacon came in 3rd Place in the Unlimited Class shooting an agg of 193 # 1 193, #2 193, # 3 193.

Ken Finley took 1st Place in the Factory Class shooting an agg of 186.33 #1 181 #2 187 and # 3 191 High Card all 3 cards.
David Russell took 2nd Place in the Factory Class shooting an agg of 180.667 # 180, #2 182, # 3 180

Don't Forget Next ABRA Match will be the Boerne Club Tournament. March 25 2017 10:00 AM
Hope to see everyone there.
Thanks
Lisa Chacon

Fred Jamison Hard Card 1st target 196

Lisa Chacon High Card 2nd Target 197, and High Card 3rd Target 197

Les Williams Match Winner Unlimited 195,197,198

Ken Finley Match Winner Factory Class Highest Card 191

It was a great match and everyone was ready to get the 2017 ABRA season started.
Congratulations to my fellow competitors for their wins and high targets.
In the unlimited it came down to Lisa and I going down to the wire and she did her part but Lady Luck was on my side and I didn't stumble down the stretch. Lisa is shooting a Shilen Racket and I'm shooting one of the new Douglas barrels and they can definitely throw that lead pretty good. Who'd thought we'd be getting these results with 10/22's but hats off to Joe and team working hard in the shop to get there.
Some of the problems we saw early on in this game of feeding bullets without some form of cutting bullet is gone. My rifle is digesting them flawlessly and showing the results.
As soon as Lisa gets everything up on the new ABRA Site you have to see the new stocks that they are selling. Absolutely stunning the finish on them is perfect and they really Pop.
Get those 10/22's out of the closet and do some benchrest shooting. We're having the time of our lives and this is from a ARA Bolt Rifle guy.
We have our Boerne Tournament coming up I believe the weekend of March 25th you need to come on out and shoot with us. We have 2 classes for the semi auto 22's, unlimited and factory so there's fun to be had for everyone. Also we always do some good eating for the tournaments so no excuse not to be there.

Les Williams

Last edited:
Back