Aa2015

M

mothball10x

My friend gave me two 1lb. cans of this powder, I don't know how old it is,but want to try it in my PPC's.
The label reads;X-truded,XMR (in red ) 2015.The label states that it is formely 2015 BR powder.
It shows as being from Accurate Arms Co. in McEwen Tennessee.
Any idea how old this powder is ,and if it is worth trying to tune in my rifles.
Tom

tom
Only one way to find out brother. Shoot it up!!! I would.. Let us know how it goes. I bet it will shoot just fine Lee

Yes I am lucky to have some 2015. Had the chance to shoot it today. I think we have another good powder for the 6PPC. I was suprised at the way it shot. I forgot my tripod for crono and couldn,t check the velocity. When cleaning the barrel it seems to be have more carbon than some powers. But that,s why they make solvents and brushes.

They also sell a powder called AA2200 which I believe is just a tick slower than AA2015 and a little faster than AA2230/Xterminator. Now for .22-100 at least, AA2230/Xterm is awesome and is a ballpowder. Imagine a stick powder slightly faster. Might be perfect fill for the WaldoG' genre or cartridges.
Another to watch for is this new Alliant Pro Power 1000. A ballpowder with burn rate of RL-10x. $18 a pound for either of these powders I think I will take a chance with AA2200. Just might love it!?!?

Tim

AA2200 which I believe is just a tick slower than AA2015 and a little faster than AA2230/Xterminator.

Tim,

I'll start off by say'n I have NOT tried the latest Version of AA2200 that is being marketed in the "line-up" of AA powder...

I have only shot the "older" Pull down / limited available version of AA2200..... Mostly made available from Wiedners and Natchez during the mid to late 90's as 8lbs cans .... <<< This stuff is FAST..! Darn near AA1680 speed...!..!!

Have seen a fire forming of 27.0gr in a PPC case darn near blow the case UP..! Blown out primer / ENLARGED primer pocket / simply ruined case............. Turing down the measure to dispense 25.0gr was safe... But still WARM..!

All be careful using AA2200... Now the new canister powder version may be a tad slower.... BUT, work up that load..!

be safe!
cale

Cale, good to know. When looking at the Accurate Arms load data for .223 it appeared that AA2200 and AA2015 produced same pressures with very close charge weights. This would be with 52gr bullets. Then 6mm the don't have any data for 2200 in the PPC but in the 6x45 AA2200 was half a grain faster than AA2230 with 62gr bullets. I thought it to be perfect??? I realize lots are allowed quite a variance in surplus and for all we know the may have just used something close as in the case of XBR8208.

Tim

Back