Aa2015

M

mothball10x

o.k. I want to try some AA 2015 in my two 6PPC's but I am confused from what I have been reading here.
If I am to go out and buy this powder from what is on dealer shelves now, what am I looking for as far as lot numbers and where the powder is made.
Is the powder that all this chatter is about,current powder or something from years ago ?
Tom

i believe technically it is a future powder..as it is not available on the shelves today......

small lots have been tested, but not DOT TRANSPORT APPROVED at this time.

maybe
mike in co

i believe technically it is a future powder..as it is not available on the shelves today......

small lots have been tested, but not DOT TRANSPORT APPROVED at this time.

maybe
mike in co

And once again Mike is spewing out mis-information and assumption.

The 2015 you have from the past is a different powder than what is now available, if you are looking for the Canadian product. The CURRENT Canadian product has limited availabilty, you need to look for "made in Canada" on the bottles. I know there are better lots than others, don't which they are, as I don't shoot it. But it is out there. The powder the Mike is referring to as "unavailable is the LM322 or LMT32 or what ever it will be called when the DOT finally issues shipping numbers. WHOLE different powder.

David J. Halblom Sr.

As I understand it while the one pound bottles of Accurate 2015 will have made in Canada printed on them, the eight pounders of the same powder may not. Unlike LT 32 which has yet to be released for distribution, Canadian 2015 has been available for a couple of years. If you are able to look at the powder grains, that Canadian product is easy to identify, since it is small, with its length and diameter virtually the same. I have a one pound bottle of 2015 that I bought earlier this year, that has made in Canada on the label.

Official word from Ramshots product manager from 2 emails I have from him:

""Any powder that was packaged in 2009 thru 2012 is the General Dynamics 2015. There have been five lots and all lots have been very close to one another in burn rate except lot one(1) which was hot and is closer to LT-32.

The D.O.T. has been a nightmare in giving us our shipping approvals. I don't know what is going on there. I don't see LT-32 shipping approvals happening for several more months.""

and

""We received Lot 1 on 4/1/09, Lot 2 on 7/12/09 and Lot 3 on 11/4/09. The first lots of 2015 were small lots as we weren't going to order large quantities until we were sure they could hit the burn rate consistently. The Canadians have done an outstanding job keeping the powder consistent and lots 4 and 5 were ordered in larger quantities. The last of the Czech powder was bottled in 08.""

David, Boyd and Jerry are correct

I have 40 lbs of 09 lot 1. Acording to my chrono, it mirrors the velocity that those who have tested LT 32. It was my understanding that the 2015 since 09 was almost the same as "T" only a little slower. Thats what I wanted- but I ended up with a fast lot. When I ordered mine I did not know what Sharrett had found out or I would have searched for a slower lot. Nevertheless I'm happy with what I got. Its unlike the Chinese or chezk stuff that I tried some time back

Last edited:
gee ..it clearly say "i believe".....
and yes i was wrong...sorta like most of your life.
mike in co
And once again Mike is spewing out mis-information and assumption.

The 2015 you have from the past is a different powder than what is now available, if you are looking for the Canadian product. The CURRENT Canadian product has limited availabilty, you need to look for "made in Canada" on the bottles. I know there are better lots than others, don't which they are, as I don't shoot it. But it is out there. The powder the Mike is referring to as "unavailable is the LM322 or LMT32 or what ever it will be called when the DOT finally issues shipping numbers. WHOLE different powder.

David J. Halblom Sr.

Probably a stupid@$$ question, since DOT is being a pita about letting this stuff in the states is it currently for sale in Canada?

As in can I drive a cross the border and buy a jug?

Back