AA MPR FT depressurizing

chks

Anybody have experience de-gassing the AA MPR rifle? I need to work on the bolt (it came straight out the back!) but don't want to remove the action until I've depressurized the tube.

Any thought?

(Dan B. and Paul B, I may bring it to the next Holbrook BR competition to have guys take a look)

Thanks,

Chris Sloan

Chris,

Paul and I had both bought ours back in 2011 in preparation for the big World match, but I believe neither of us have yet to disassemble our guns. I do know that both of us are now thinking of swapping out the O-rings, so anything you find out about degassing would help, so please pass along. When we bought ours I remember seeing that Pyramyd had the tool listed in their accessories for degassing AA guns, but haven't been able to find anything since. I had almost ordered one back then, and now only wish I had.

Good luck.

Dave Shattuck

Thanks Dave, I thought you might have an MPR! Turns out the degassing tool at PA is for the regular MPR, not the MPR FT version. The regular MPR apparently has a removable air tube and that what the tool is for (i now have a nice paperweight). The PA tech did say you can carefully loosen the filler end and let air bleed out, but otherwise not many options.

However, the tech also said I should be able to remove the top of the receiver to access the bolt area.

Hope to see you guys in Holbrook in a couple of weeks!

Chris,

What I would like to do is to convert my MPR - FT bolt action over to a side-lever. I have no idea if it can be done, or how much it would cost to do it, but it would be an interesting project to say the least.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Dave

Back