A picture of my latest

Slowshot

Here is the Anschutz 1761 MPR that I just bought. It only took me 18 days from my purchase to get it home. Now I am just waiting for a bore guide I ordered to give it a preliminary cleaning and head to the range. Based on recent experience with shipping, I should be able to shoot the rifle sometime next year.

Fortunately I am still working with the CZ 457 I also recently purchased. So I have something to keep me busy.

Attachments

• Dscn3174.jpg
    Dscn3174.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Dscn3175.jpg
    Dscn3175.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 28
Slowshot, I see your lefthanded, congratulations, we're the only shooter in our right minds! (old medical theory). I see your rest is set up for righthanders, is it reversible?

Slowshot, I see your lefthanded, congratulations, we're the only shooter in our right minds! (old medical theory). I see your rest is set up for righthanders, is it reversible?
Actually, this rest is set up for me. I have a partially paralyzed right hand and cannot operate any of the rest controls or rifle controls with my right hand. My left hand is not only my trigger hand. It also focuses the scope and operates the rest. Decades ago, I started with all right handed rifles and other gear. Over the years, I slowly converted to all left handed or fully ambidextrous rifles and other shooting gear. Just the invention of side focus changed my life. All of my regularly used scopes are now side focus. That is a Weaver XR T-36 on the Anschutz This setup does this for me:
  • The cable operated windage control lets me adjust windage with my left hand, while looking through the scope.
  • The speed screw on the rear leg lets me fine tune elevation with my left hand, while looking through the scope.
  • The side focus scopes let me adjust parallax with my left hand, while looking through the scope..
  • The left handed actions let me operate the bolt without needing to reach over the scope to get to the bolt.
The only adjustments I must make while off the rifle are the two gross elevation adjustments of the Sinclair top.

If you want to fully understand my challenges, just put your right hand in your back pocket and keep it there for a day or two. Especially at the bench, while adjusting everything to get on target this would show you why I have developed this bench setup. This also explains why I spent so much cash investigating joystick operated rests.
Oh, do not feel sorry for me. When I was a teenager I learned to work through ideas for getting around my limitations so as to be able to do normal tasks. It made me smarter.

Back