9/21 Pinnacle Mountain Results

D

Dave Shattuck

What a beautiful last day of Summer we had up @ Pinnacle Mountain! The trip in was a bit on the foggy side, but once we started up the Hill things cleared right off with hardly a breeze to be found ~ that is right up until we called “Guns to the Line”. True to Pinnacle form, once the guns were called to the Line, as if also summoned, in came the breezes.

Because of knowing Pinnacle so well we had decided early on that our first 3 targets should be shot as our UK Postal match entries. And lucky we did as we only had to deal with a 5 to 15 MPH breeze throughout that portion of the day. But then, as if knowing we were moving on, so did the winds making things much more challenging!

A Cold Front was on its way through the area so the forecast had called for 12 to 22 MPH winds for the better part of the day. And, sure enough, throughout our second set of three targets we saw every bit of that, if not more. Honestly, sometimes you couldn’t squeeze the trigger fast enough before getting caught in a switch. They came on as fast as I’ve ever seen them in my 18 years of benchrest competition. And guess what? This did nothing to help better our scores in any way!

We had four of the Pinnacle faithful there along with one new shooter, Matt Sawyer. Matt shot his P-70 Field Target gun and did quite well, especially considering this was his first time at the bench. He’ll definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the future. Welcome aboard Matt!

As to how we did:

U.K.Postal 20fpe Match:

TARGET #1
Todd Banks 246-8x
Dave Shattuck 244-8x
Mark Normandin 243-6x
Dan Brown 242-5x
Matt Sawyer 228-2x

TARGET #2
Dan Brown 242-8x
Mark Normandin 242-5x
Todd Banks 241-6x
Dave Shattuck 241-3x
Matt Sawyer 233-4x

TARGET #3
Dan Brown 248-8x
Todd Banks 242-8x
Mark Normandin 240-9x
Dave Shattuck 239-7x
Matt Sawyer 233-3x

U.K. AGGREGATE
Dan Brown 732-21x
Todd Banks 729-22x
Mark Normandidn 725-20x
Dave Shattuck 724-18x
Matt Sawyer 694-10x

WRABF:

LV CLASS:
Todd Banks
Target #1: 235-6x
Target #2: 239-9x
Target #3: 242-5x
Aggregate: 716-20x

USAARBR​:

HV CLASS:
Target #1
Dave Shattuck 245-7x
Mark Normandin 239-7x
Matt Sawyer 225-2x

Target #2
Dave Shattuck 243-5x
Mark Normandin 236-6x
Matt Sawyer 221-4x

Target #3
Dave Shattuck 238-4x
Mark Normandin 225-3x
Matt Sawyer 222-2x

Aggregate:
Dave Shattuck 726-16x
Mark Normandin 700-16x
Matt Sawyer 668-8x

OPEN CLASS:
Dan Brown
Target #1: 248-7x
Target #2: 240-8x
Target #3: 242-8x
Aggregate: 730-23x

There will be an Indoor match at Holbrook on Sat., Oct. 5th starting at 12:30 P.M., and then another Outdoor match at Pinnacle on Sat., Oct. 26th starting at 9:00 A.M., so maybe we’ll see you at one or both of those.

Dave Shattuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some great scores Dave, I saw a picture of the flags and wind meters taken during the match, everything looked parallel with the ground :eek:

Well done.

Brian

Thanks for holding the match Dave.
I have to say you did some incredible shooting in the latter half of the day. The conditions weren't the highest wind speeds that I've shot in but the effects on the pellets was the most bizarre that I've seen. It was as if my windage knob was turned 180 degrees. A right to left wind was moving my pellet to the right. I've never shot so many sighters before in a match, there was no predictable condition.
Dan

Dave,
I had a great time at the Pinnacle, as always. Can't wait to see what kind of conditions Mother Nature will throw at us in late Oct.:eek: Nice to see Matt on the bench, hope he comes back!
Todd
PS. My LV targets were just that, LV WRABF practice targets. Nothing to do with USARB;)

Todd,

Please note, at your request I have made the change separating your Light Varment scores from the rest of the USAARB scores. No problem!

Dave

Back