8208 Powder Availability ?

J

J. Pendergraft

Is there any 8208 currently available other than if an individual has some they will part with? If not does anyone know if there will be anymore possibly pull down in the future. Thanks

Joel;
The only one that has any quantities of 8208 has been Jeff Bartlett at Gibrass.com. Jeff is located in Kentucky. He has supplies from time to time, usually not large amounts and it seems to sell pretty quickly. Most of the powder I have seen that came from him is pull-down powder from the military. You might try him and see what he has on hand or on the way.

Mike Swartz

Joel, if you try to use 8208 in what you shoot you will blow the feathers out of every chicken on Hawks Ridge!!

Some of us tried, about 2 years ago, to get some more 8208 manufactured. Unfortunately, about that time, Hodgdon obtained the US rights to distribute IMR powders from the Canadian based IMR Powder Company.

Hodgdon has refused to consider marketing IMR8208. They did, however, agree to make me a batch of about 16,000-18,000 pounds. Now, how would I transport it, where would I store it, and how would I distribute it??

Heck Jerry
Thats only 180 100lbers, I'll take two, you should be able to find a home for the other 17,800.lb.he'he'heeee.

Be nice now and take care.

Milt

Last edited:
Joel, if you try to use 8208 in what you shoot you will blow the feathers out of every chicken on Hawks Ridge!!

Jerry, Believe it or not I am now the proud owner of a 6 PPC short range BR rig so I'm getting into lighter bullets and faster burning powders.

Joel,

Glad to hear you got a PPC. Are you planning to come shoot in our winter league at Rockingham?

Roy Darnell

Back