750-800 grain bullets??

alinwa

oft dis'd member
Ok, I've exhausted all my resources but one........ you'se guys.

I'm in search of good 750-800gr lead .510 bullets.

Anybody know anybody that might know somebody?????

al

Thanks Wilbur, yup, I've considered having a mold built but I've never cast bullets and don't really want to! Plus, I don't know where to start, WHAT to have cut. Having a mold made at this juncture would be like sending Corbin or Niemi or Detsch a drawing of "my" benchrest bullet.

I gots no clue!

LOL

al

If such can be found - it can be found here:

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/

These guys are like us but different. They would know, or have opinions based on success, how to do what you're trying to do. I know a cast bullet "person" and he is very forthcoming with information. You will probably experience a short period of twofold "disbelief". On one hand the CB guys will be in disbelief that there is another yet having an interest in cast bullet shooting and on the other hand you won't believe anything they say.

Big bullets

Al, google up Ranger Rick's bullets. He's made up some 700 grainers for the 500s&w. Might be worth a phone call.

Thanks for the help!

Ranger Rick isn't doing it, nor his buddies..... he DID, got my heartrate up even, but no longer. Got some info on who to order a mould from. And the castboolits guys think I'm weird for wanting to kill stuff quietly. They all wanna' dress up and make more noise, and smoke. Plus they'd never shoot that big bullets cuz they'd kick like donkeys and knock their hats off!

hoping to strike gold perty soon. My 7.5" bbl is almost here!

:)

al

Back