6x45

H

hailey

Thinking of buildind a 6x45 on a rem 700 and i need help on what twist i should go with.

Bullets

66-70 gr bullets and will be using it for club fun shoots..100-200.

What twist...?

The current popular twists for 65-70 grain bullets are 13.5 or 14 twist...

Good Luck
Eddie in Texas

A 6X45 is the 223 case necked up to 6mm. I have a 6X45 and have a lot of fun with it with 65- 70 grain bullets it is accurate .4--.5 but if I had to do it over again I would spend the money for a good barrel instead of setting back and reusing a shot out Remington 40X barrel it still serves my purpose very well. I have a 13 year old who likes to shoot and it is fairly cheap to shoot.

case

Thought about the 223 case if there is something better i'm all ears i have never seen this round before thought it might be a fun round to play around with.(something other than the ppc)

if you want a cheap to shoot accurate 6 for those bullets, why not a 6 beggs no turn ? brass is more expensive than 223 but a more accurate round.
stock brass, no turn ???

mike in co

so cheap and accurate with a 223 bolt face...why go to a 6 mm?

22 bullets as cheap if not cheaper. go with 60-70 gr with a 10 twist. or 50's with a 14 twist or ...or ..orr...lots of weight choices in 223 40 to 90, just pick a twist.

no special work...and yes they will shoot. sub .5 is not hard, .25 is a little work, and sub 2 is possible...cause been there done that.

Thought about the 223 case if there is something better i'm all ears i have never seen this round before thought it might be a fun round to play around with.(something other than the ppc)

The 6x45 is a very good round and .223 brass is everywhere.
Just expand the neck,loade it and fire it and the case comes out pretty.
It will perform with powders that are used in a ppc and shoot just about as good.

Back