54 Action Anschutz Cleaning Rod Guide

E

ErnieJ

I'm building a benchrest gun based on a 54 action and ordered an Anschutz 4401 cleaning rod guide. In my opinion a piece of junk.The diameter is .020
smaller than the bolt allowing the guide to flop around.In addition there is no outboard support to stabilize the rod. Someone suggested I look at the guides made by M. Werks LLC and I ordered one which arrived today. Its similar in design to the Mike Lucas guide (Mike doesn't make one for the offset bore Anschutz) but instead of acetal its made from 6061 T651 aircraft aluminum. It is a precision machined part.It only has .002 clearance and the alignment is perfect.I ordered .1875 inserts to fit my Dennys rods and they measure .1880. In my opinion you can't go wrong with this guide.

Yes, Bert & Ernie, that is a combination. :)

I have Champion's Choice rod guides for both the 54 & 64 Anschutz actions.
They are machined from aluminum and fit quite snugly. Cost is $19.50 each.
Their phone number is: 1-615-793-4066 OR 1-800-345-7179
I am very pleased with them. Hope this is of some help.

Jeff Madison

His business name is M.Werks LLC out of Travers City, MI.

He makes a fine rod guide at a good price. I have worked with him to get the one for the H&R M12 set up. He is a great guy to deal with.

www.mwerksllc.com

You can email him at jeff@mwerksllc.com
He does travel for work some, so once and a while he can't answer back right away.

Have a great weekend!!

Denny

Last edited by a moderator:
Ernie,I have been makeing a special bore guide for the 54 action,Bob Holburner designed it & i produced it,It is a absolute fit,I only make it to fit my Cleaning rods,But it has perfect alignment,it stops at the feedramp. BILL

I am going to do another run in a month,The last run was all sold before i even started on them,Send me a email if interested zzmyers@ comcast.net BILL

Back