513T Barrels from Numrich arms ?

513T barrel

I bought one several years ago and was very displeased with it. After replacing the barrel and checking the head space, I was surprised to find it wouldn't shoot as good as the barrel I replaced. The one thing I never thought to check was the chamber, it was grossly oversize. I ended up sending the barrel back to Numerich and reinstalled the old barrel. I'll keep it the way it is and quit messing with it. This is only my experience and does not speak about Numerich arms, they treated me very well and I still buy from them.....Slim

Thanks Dave !

Nearly 30 yrs ago, I purchased a new 513T barrel from SARCO.
It was parkerized, and shoots very well. I was hoping to again have such good luck !
Do you know of any good sources for 513T barrels ?

513T barrel

Jim as I stated, this was a one time occurance and perhaps was a fluke. Maby the next barrel would be exactly what you wanted. I'm sure there are other sources out there but I don't have any names for you, sorry. :( Perhaps someone else has some info for you. Good luck. Incedently I bought my 513T new in 1953.....Slim

Well as a rule of thumb, any 22 rifle with a barrel good enough to put 10 bullets into the X ring at 50ft on a NRA indoor 50ft target, is good enough for me!
Jim

Back in the mid 80's I went to Ft Leonard Wood with the local Boy Scout troop. We shot 513t's indoors and the one I shot impressed me. At the next gunshow I bought one for $150 dollars, it looked new did not have a box or appetures for the front sight. I thought it to be the best rimfire I would ever own. A friend introduced me to BR-50 and told me it was not enough rifle to compete. I sold it and bought a Suhl 150. The friend who bought my 513 later asked if I ever had it out of the stock, and told him no. He the showed me on the underside of the reciever was stamped Camp Perry NM.

513T barrel

Like you Pokerplayer, I thought it was the best rifle I ever owned, very accurate. I shot many 3 position matches with it and won a few. Then I joined a club that shot BR50. The 513T couldn't quite cut the mustard, good but not good enough. I tried many things, Tuner, messed with the trigger, bought a custom made stock, top line ammo, etc. It just couldn't make it. I bought a Rem. 37 and was happy. The 513T sits in the gun rack with a Unertl 10X scope on it and still shoots as good as it ever did.....Slim :)

Back