40xb

drknite

I am not new to shooting but I am new to Remingtons. I am in the process of buying a 40XB. I know that they can be very accurate, but mechanically is there anything I need to keep an eye on. I am purchasing it to use in a factory unlimited class we shoot at our club. Thanks for your help.

One thing you want to factor into your thinking....... If it's one of the newer ones in the green stock, they're 1-14 twist barrels.

What caliber and what distance?

Just curious. I have a 40 year old 40XBR in 6x47 Remington (222 magnum necked up). It is accurate and fun. I did replace the firing pin assembly with a new unit because it had become "draggy". Otherwise I've been very happy with it. This is pretty much a 200 yard and under rig, also a 14 inch twist.

Remington 40XB 22lr. for sale

One thing you want to factor into your thinking....... If it's one of the newer ones in the green stock, they're 1-14 twist barrels.

Remington custom shop made the 40XRBR KS guns in both 14 1/2 and 16 twist- I have a 22" 1-16, a 24" 1-14.5 and a 24" 1-16. The 1-14.5 are better when shooting 100 yards or longer.

Remington custom shop made the 40XRBR KS guns in both 14 1/2 and 16 twist- I have a 22" 1-16, a 24" 1-14.5 and a 24" 1-16. The 1-14.5 are better when shooting 100 yards or longer.

The 1-16 are few and far between. When they first came, guys gave up trying to get one and the 14's were'nt to good.
Nobody at Remington even knows why they did14's, other than probably that's the tooling they had but I assure you it had zero to do with performance.

Last edited:
The 1-16 are few and far between. When they first came, guys gave up trying to get one and the 14's were'nt to good.
Nobody at Remington even knows why they did14's, other than probably that's the tooling they had but I assure you it had zero to do with performance.

I actually just put one of mine on GB-the 22" 1-16. I have never seen this barrel length before.

Back